Here is another piece of fitness equipment which will allow you to build sturdy muscle and maintain a stellar physique. This fitness equipment is none other than kettlebell, which has gained tremendous popularity among the masses, basically fitness freaks. Performing many kettlebell exercises with this equipment offers better conditioning of your muscle mass and thus maintains your interest during the workout. A kettlebell exercise is considered to be one of the fun ways for individuals to perform a workout. With the help of this article, we have enlisted some of the best types of kettlebells that you should consider for your fitness regime.
When it comes to blending strength and conditioning, the kettlebell might be the most versatile piece of equipment. The tricky part about the search for the best kettlebell is that many of them look and feel the same. However, there are differences, be it price, coating, durability, different weight increments, or the width of the handle. By using the kettlebell for their workouts, individuals would be able to train several parts of their body at a time. In this way, they would be able to finish their workout within a faster time period as compared to a normal workout that they may be performing at the gym or fitness centres with various types of weights. It is also important for individuals to become acquainted with the basic movements at the beginning when they perform the workouts using the kettlebell before they go on to train with exercises that are of a higher intensity level since it requires individuals to obtain enough strength and confidence for doing such exercises.
A kettlebell workout isn’t like other types of strength training routines you may have tried. It provides a more holistic type of exercise that targets several muscle groups at once. This targeting of various muscles in our body makes kettlebell exercise an excellent option if you want to optimize your physical activity if you are pressed for time.
Factors To be Consider Before Buying a Kettlebell
- Finish – The finish of a kettlebell is highly important. Irrespective of what sports equipment it is, the most essential thing is that it supports you during your workout and helps protect you from unwanted injuries, not flashiness. One of the fundamental aspects to look out for when choosing a trusted-quality kettlebell is the surface. Despite the variety of surface finishes, go for the one that is durable, smooth, and matte. While the paint finish can chip faster than other methods and can damage your hands. Epoxy and vinyl appear to be less durable and slippery when exposed to moisture or perspiration. In this case, the classic cast iron kettlebell with powder coating would make a great pick. Cast iron powder-coated kettlebells are designed to last with high-rusting resistance and a very smooth sandpaper texture that gives excellent grip feelings to your palm.
- Handle – All the exercises related to the kettlebell are performed with the handle itself. Therefore, choosing kettlebells with sturdy and secure handles is definitely a crucial part that should not be forgotten. To make it short, you will need a handle that isn’t going to bloody up your hands and when you buy a kettlebell, remember to pay extra attention to the underside and search for even the smoothness of the handle. The standard thickness of the kettlebell handle is about 35 millimetres. If you can’t wrap your fingers around the kettlebell handle, the handle is probably going to be a little too thick for you. If you can fit both hands through the kettlebell handle, this kettlebell is suitable for two hands-on kettlebell exercises. In addition, there must be enough space between the handle and the main bell, preferably about 55 millimetres.
- Distribution of Weight – The unique weight distribution of the kettlebell is one of the factors that enable the user to vary their workouts and ensure muscle groups get the proper tension. With a dumbbell, once your body adapts to a given load, your options for increasing difficulty could be restricted, all you can do is perform more reps with the same load or get a heavier dumbbell. However, with one kettlebell, you can increase the complexity of the exercise yourself with the mechanism of weight distribution.
- Base – A base of the kettlebell should be flat as it allows you to perform your exercises comfortably without worrying about the kettlebell rolling or slipping out of reach during the workout and also prevents marks on the floor.
- Casting – Make sure that you check the casting of the kettlebell. Since kettlebells are built for intense lifting, so it has to be durable. Hence, it’s most desirable to look for a kettlebell constructed of solid cast iron with no welds, weak spots, or seams. If the handles are welded to the hunk, the kettlebell is more likely to break and out of function if you dropped it.
Top 10 Kettlebells That You Should Consider Buying
1.) CAP Barbell Cast Iron Kettlebell – This is one of the best types of kettlebells that you should consider buying. This type of kettlebell is a classic one that excelled in all areas during every test. Made of high-quality cast iron and available in a wide range of weights, this kettlebell can work for all fitness levels.
2.) Yes4All Vinyl Coated Kettlebell – This is one of the best types of kettlebells that you should consider buying. It is accessible for all levels of exercisers, and compatible with beginners to advanced. Made of cast iron and encased with vinyl, the kettlebell was not damaged during our durability test, earning it a perfect score of 5 out of 5 for our durability attribute.
3.) Bowflex SelectTech 840 Kettlebell – This is one of the best types of kettlebells that you should consider buying. It is a single kettlebell that can be adjusted from 8 to 40 pounds. Specifically, its weight can be adjusted to 8, 12, 20, 25, 35, or 40 pounds, making it accessible to all levels of fitness and perfect for those who like a lot of variety in their workouts.
4.) CAP Barbell Soft Kettlebell – This is one of the best types of kettlebells that you should consider buying. This kettlebell is made with soft neoprene and filled with iron sand, it’s a great option if you are new to kettlebell training or are worried about scuffing up or damaging your floors.
5.) Competition Grade King Kettlebell – Advanced exercisers who want a high-quality, comfortable, competition-grade kettlebell can’t go wrong with the Kettlebell Kings Competition Kettlebell. Being one of the best types of kettlebells, this equipment comes in a range of weights, from 20 to 100 pounds. However, since they are competition grade, they are all the same size, regardless of weight, so they are a nice choice for serious exercisers who like uniformity in their fitness equipment.
6.) Kettle Gryp Adjustable Kettlebell – This is one of the best types of kettlebells that you should consider buying. Basically, this kettlebell has an adapter that lets you use any dumbbell like a kettlebell. The adapter is crafted from impact-resistant ABS plastic, and since it’s lightweight, it can easily toss it in your bag to take on the go.
7.) Balance From Wide Grip 3-Piece Kettlebell Set – This is one of the best types of kettlebells that you should consider buying, as it comes in sets. The budget-friendly set comes with three different kettlebells ranging from 5 to 15 pounds. Other options include a 10-to-20-pound set of three and a 5-to-20-pound set of four.
8.) Jaxjox Kettlebell Connect – For tech-savvy lifters, this is one of the best types of kettlebells that you should consider buying. It has an electronically adjustable system that offers workouts on the fly when charged up or plugged into a wall. In addition to this, it can be synched via Bluetooth to a smartphone app that offers a bunch of different workout guides and advice on what weight to select for individual exercises.
9.) Onnit Primal Kettlebell – This is one of the best types of kettlebells that you should consider buying, as it is full of personality. This kettlebell is made of chip-resistant iron and therefore is super durable. For the same reason, they might not work all that well on hard floors as they might damage them, should they not be placed properly.
10.) JTX Neoprene Covered Kettlebell – This is one of the best types of kettlebells that you should consider buying. This kettlebell is made of cast iron and comes equipped with a thick handle, the former being great for durability and the latter for improving grip. The neoprene sleeve over the cast iron body will help keep the floors intact too.
The information contained in this article is for educational and informational purposes only and is not intended as a health advice. We would ask you to consult a qualified professional or medical expert to gain additional knowledge before you choose to consume any product or perform any exercise.