Breakfast is an essential part of our life, and should be followed under any circumstances. It is an essential meal to start our day and must not be skipped. The breakfast not only breaks our overnight fast but also makes us equipped with your day-long supply of essential nutrients including glucose, carbs, and protein. It is pretty important to maintain balanced nutrition while preparing your first meal of the day. Being the first meal, we should consume those food items or make those preparations that are easy to be digested. Avoid oily foods during breakfast as it might ruin your day, as far as digestive health is concerned. However, it would be great if you break your night-long fast, with simple and sober recipes in the morning. With the help of this article, we will try to figure out some of the best healthy breakfast recipes that you can prepare for yourself and for your loved ones.
Benefits of Eating Breakfast
- Provides Energy – Eating breakfast boosts your energy levels and restores your glycogen levels ready to keep your metabolism up for the day. Skipping breakfast may seem like a good way to reduce overall energy intake. But research shows that even with a higher intake of energy, breakfast eaters tend to be more physically active in the morning than those who don’t eat until later in the day.
- Helps to Control Weight – People who regularly eat breakfast are less likely to be overweight or obese. Breakfast prevents large fluctuations in your blood glucose levels, helping you to control your appetite. Besides all, it fills you up before you become really hungry, so you are less likely to just grab whatever foods are nearby when hunger really strikes.
- Boosts Brainpower – Skipping breakfast or not having the same, might make you a bit sluggish and struggle to focus on things. This is because your brain hasn’t received the energy i.e. glucose it needs to get going. Studies suggest that not having breakfast affects your mental performance, including your attention, ability to concentrate and memory. This can make some tasks feel harder than they normally would.
- Reduces Risk of Illness – Compared with people who don’t have breakfast, those who regularly eat breakfast tend to have a lower risk of both obesity and type 2 diabetes. There is also some evidence that people who don’t have breakfast may be at a higher risk of cardiovascular disease.
Tips for Healthy Breakfast Recipe
Ensuring that your breakfast has a balanced amount of macronutrients, such as carbohydrates, proteins and fats, and is rich in vitamins and minerals may seem overwhelming, but the practice is actually quite simple.
- Porridge made from rolled oats is considered the best healthy breakfast recipe. When choosing quick oats, go for the plain variety and add your own fruit afterwards as the flavoured varieties tend to have a lot of added sugar.
- Wholegrain cereal such as untoasted muesli, bran cereals or whole-wheat biscuits with milk, natural yoghurt and fresh fruit.
- Fresh fruits and raw nuts are the righteous ones to fill you with the requites protein for the day.
- Smoothies made from fresh fruit or vegetables, natural yoghurt and milk
- Natural yoghurt with some fresh fruit added for extra sweetness and some raw nuts for crunchiness.
Best Healthy Breakfast Recipe
1.) Bananas – Bananas are considered one of the best healthy breakfast recipes. Bananas help you fill up and come in their own portable packaging. Their folate and vitamin B6 aid in the production of serotonin, which can help improve mood and reduce anxiety. The soluble fibre also helps lower cholesterol by removing it from your GI tract and preventing it from moving into your bloodstream.
2.) Eggs – Eggs are considered one of the best healthy breakfast recipes. Eggs are full of vitamins A, D and B12, they are an inexpensive and nutrient-dense food. Two large eggs also contain more than 50% of the choline you need each day, and just one egg has about 8 grams of protein as well. Nearly everything in our bodies requires protein to function properly, including our skin, blood, muscles and bones.
3.) Oats – Choosing oats for breakfast is considered one of the best healthy breakfast recipes. Oats are packed with fibre, vitamins, and minerals that promote good digestion, steady energy, and healthy cholesterol. The presence of Chia seeds adds healthy fat, protein, and even more fibre and adding berries alongside or any fruit contributes to your total fruit intake.
4.) Avocado Toast – Avocado Toast is considered one of the best healthy breakfast recipes. This fruit has a unique mix of heart-healthy fats, water and dietary fibre. That combo enhances feelings of fullness, making you less likely to overeat throughout the rest of the day. The unsaturated fats in avocados are also linked to a decreased risk of heart disease, lifestyle-related cancers, and diabetes.
5.) Protein Shakes – Protein shakes are considered one of the best healthy breakfast recipes. Prepare a protein shake with fresh fruits and berries, avoid adding sugar, as it may degrade its natural sweetening.
6.) Cookies – Cookies are considered one of the best healthy breakfast recipes in the morning. Cookies made from flax, oats, nuts, seeds, and even quinoa help to fill your day with protein, healthy fats, and fibre. Having cookies as a healthy breakfast recipe is a great one to make ahead of time and freeze for busy mornings. To thaw, pop them in the microwave for 8-10 seconds, and head out the door.
The information contained in this article is for educational and informational purposes only and is not intended as a health advice. We would ask you to consult a qualified professional or medical expert to gain additional knowledge before you choose to consume any product or perform any exercise.