Iron is an essential mineral for everyone’s life. We cannot afford to ignore iron as it helps in the circulation of oxygen via Red Blood Cells from lungs to other organs.
Iron initiates energy and activeness. It transmits the signals that coordinate with the actions of different body parts. Despite, many advantages come with an iron-rich diet, its importance and needs vary from person to person, male to female, infant to teenager.
Let’s start with the versatile Importance and Need of Iron to every Individual Life.
Let’s start with the naughtiest minds in the world: Kids
- Children of 1 to 3 years are asked to take a maximum of 7mg of iron in a day. And for 4 to 8 years are said to take a maximum of 10mg iron in a day.
Now let’s move on to the kings of the world: Men
- Boys and Teenager boys from 9 to 13 years are advised to take a maximum of 8mg of iron in a day. From 14 to 18 years are said to take 11mg of iron in a day. Whereas adult men of 19 years and older are advised to take 8mg of iron in a day.
Let’s move on to the rulers of the world: Women
- Young girls from 9 to 13 years are advised to take a maximum of 8mg of iron in a day. From 14 to 18 years are said to take 15mg of iron in a day. Whereas adult women of 19 years and 50 years old are advised to take 18mg of iron in a day.
Women who are 50+ are advised to take 18mg.
Women who are pregnant should take 27mg.
Women are advised to take a more iron-rich diet more than men. Because they do a lot of work and also menstruates 5-6 days every month. So they have possibly more chances of losing blood. And for increasing blood and stamina they are prescribed to take maximum iron by their doctors. Now I will talk about Foods that contain Iron and can help you in gaining iron in your body!
- Breakfast cereal oats
- White beans
- Dark chocolate
- Cooked spinach
- Roasted cashew nuts
- Baked potato (medium)
- Beef liver
- Firm Tofu
- Chickpeas that are boiled and drained
Note:- You can take iron supplements after consulting your doctor. Let’s further move on to Top 10 Benefits of Iron:
- Iron treats Anaemia
Anemia is the disease caused due to the deficiency of Iron. Anemia is caused due to the loss of red blood cells. And if your red blood cells don’t work properly and don’t transmit oxygen to other organs you will feel sick, fatigue and week.
- It helps in boosting Hemoglobin
Iron boosts hemoglobin that is vital to transport oxygen in the blood. Women lose more blood during their menstrual cycles and so they probably can suffer from low hemoglobin. So women should always take more care of their hemoglobin rate in blood.
- It reduces fatigue
Iron helps in reducing fatigue that causes both men and women equally. Low iron levels can reduce energy levels.
- Iron helps in boosting immunity
Iron boosts the immunity and immune system. It increases hemoglobin that provides oxygen to damaged cells, tissues and organs.
- It helps in improving muscle strength
If you are low in iron then you have chances of muscle weakness. Week muscles cause pain and will leave tissues inflamed. Iron will repair tissues and reduce pain.
- Expands your concentration power
If you want to top this semester than start taking the ideal iron supplements. Iron increases your concentration. Iron will boost up your mind immediately and will wake you up for studies.
- Helps to take you good sleep
In research in 2015, it is said that iron restores sleep-related problems. Iron helps in to get a good stress free sleep. It also helps in reducing insomnia, restless sleep, and sleep apnea.
- It helps in maintaining a good blood circulation
The initial work of iron is to provide oxygen to every organ of the body that includes the heart as well. When the heart will receive plenty of oxygen it will work better. That will end up maintaining balanced blood circulation.
- It releases stress
Iron helps in sleeping issues. It is connected with releasing stress. It charges the brain and makes it feel relaxed.
- Helps in overcoming weakness and dizziness
Iron helps in overcoming dizziness and weakness. It helps in making a person feel comfortable and relaxed.
Iron is an essential mineral for sustaining! Iron can be the solution to many problems.
I have summarized this article by giving you the reasons why you can’t ignore iron in any way!
I have listed ten benefits of iron. These benefits can be counted as reasons as well if you understand it and can relate. Iron can help you in making your life easy and more active with fewer anxiety problems and stress. Now it’s total up to you that what you choose between benefits or problems.