Do you fear of lifting heavy weights and kind of lethargic, to go to the gym? Then you have the most beneficial option i.e. ‘Yoga’ with you that you can do anywhere that too without any equipment.
Many yoga influencers like Shilpa Shetty have always encouraged people to stay fit and practice yoga every day. The TV actress and former IPL host Archana Vijaya giving us major fitness goals with yoga and sported performing energy-inducing asana called Urdhva Dhanurasana.
Archana Vijaya took her Instagram to share her photograph performing Urdhva Dhanurasana. With more than 3000 likes, she captioned her post with:
When our world is upside down, it forces us to change our perspective. Yoga Karo Khush Raho. Need an energy boost? Then Urdhva Dhanurasana can help you in strengthening your arms, abdomen, legs, and spine in the process. Go for it!
Here’s how you can do Urdhva Dhanurasana:
- Lie on the floor with the knees bent, and touching feet the floor.
- Place your palms on the ground beside the ears with the fingers facing your shoulders.
- Push into your feet, especially the big toe ball mound.
- Exhale to elevate your tailbone and hips off the floor. Press the thighs toward each other so that the knees point straight ahead.
- Press into the hands so that the crown of the head is to the floor and pause here for a breath.
- Move the shoulder blades down the back while keeping elbows in line with shoulders. Push into your feet and hands evenly.
- Exhale to straighten the arms and elevate the head off the floor.
- Squeeze your inner thighs toward each other and down toward the floor.
- Drop your head all the way back.
- Hold the asana for a minute with a long, steady breath. Lower down after a minute and rest.
After the pose, ensure you do a mild twist or forward bend to get your body back in alignment.
If you suffer from carpal tunnel syndrome, back issues, heart problems or headache, and diarrhea.
The information contained in this article is for educational and informational purposes only and is not intended as a health advice. We would ask you to consult a qualified professional or medical expert to gain additional knowledge before you choose to consume any product or perform any exercise.