As a woman, you need to be vigilant about your protein intake. Protein is essential for maintaining muscle mass, and it can also help with weight loss. That’s why it’s important to choose the best whey protein for your needs. With the help of this article, we will try to figure out some of the best protein powders for women, that you should incorporate into your daily diet.
Besides muscle gain, protein powders for women also provide an added advantage in weight loss. If you are a woman and planning to lose weight then protein powder should have an existence in your kitchen. Apart from food items that have protein-rich content, there are protein powders for women that help to support the daily requirement of protein. Proteins are essentially required to build new tissue, whether it’s red blood cells or muscle cells. It is responsible for many other functions of the body, including transport, immune function, fluid-electrolyte balance, blood clotting, and providing energy.
Benefits of Incorporating Protein in Your Diet
- Controls Weight – If you are trying to control your weight, improve body composition, or encourage weight loss, eating enough protein is essential. So, you should be consuming protein at every meal. Dairy products, lean meats, poultry, seafood, and legumes are all good sources of protein. If you are a vegetarian, on the other hand, tofu, quinoa, almonds, and chia seeds are all options. If you are prone to snacking, eating protein during a meal will stop you from craving junk food. Eating more protein will also help you save calories.
- Builds Lean Muscle Growth – Building lean muscle tissue is essential to increasing the body’s ability to burn fat. The more muscle tissue a person has, the higher their metabolic rate. Metabolic rate is how many calories your body needs to function properly. The presence of lean muscle tissue increases metabolism and fat-burning abilities. It also helps the body convert food into energy. When muscles are healthy, the body sends calories to be burned rather than storing them in fat cells. Protein is essential to building lean muscle tissue to keep this process running optimally.
- Good for Hair, Skin and Nails – Protein plays a large role in the health and integrity of hair, skin, and nails. Collagen is a protein that makes up 70% of our skin’s composition. Collagen is the most abundant protein that the body provides and it is present in the connective tissues we rely on to maintain joint mobility. Premature wrinkles might be a sign of a protein deficiency. Collagen greatly declines in the body with age, making it an essential nutrient for women. That’s why protein powders or supplements rich in collagen should be consumed for dietary intake.
- Maintains Bone Health – Studies globally have confirmed that approximately one in two women post 50 will break a bone because of osteoporosis. When it comes to bone health, most people associate calcium and Vitamin D as the powerhouses behind strong and healthy bones. This is true; however, protein also plays a role. When calcium and Vitamin D are limited, protein helps keep bones strong. Studies demonstrate that high-protein diets are associated with increased bone mineral density levels and reduced bone loss rates.
What to look for in a Protein Powder for Women
Protein powders can be a convenient option to boost your protein intake, particularly for women that have difficulty meeting their protein needs from food alone. The Daily Recommended Intake i.e., DRI for protein is 0.8 grams per kilogram of body weight for healthy women and can increase to as much as 1.2-2.0 grams/kilogram for those that perform regular endurance and resistance training, to support optimal muscle repair and growth.
Below are some of the factors that you should look for before buying a protein powder.
- Type – There are various types of protein powder for women that are available in the market, but the most prominent ones are whey and soy protein. This type of protein powder for women is the best for consumption because it is readily digestible. This type has all the essential amino acids which help to build bone mass and reduce high cholesterol levels. Apart from whey and soy protein, egg, milk, rice, pea, and hemp protein-based powders can be taken into consideration.
- Health Needs – Different protein powder for women has different needs and purposes. Some offer basic daily protein needs; some are great to build muscles and some are eligible as a meal replacement. However, it is the women’s responsibility to choose the protein powder according to the needs and requirements that they are looking for.
- Taste – Taste is something that matters the most at the time to buy protein powder for women. Women should look forward to protein powder for women which tastes better according to their expectations. Before buying, a complete thorough check of reviews and ingredients should be done at the earliest.
Best Whey Protein for Women in India
After any workout especially for weight reduction or muscle strengthening training, a protein supplement proves to be icing on the cake to nourish you with all the required essentials that your body needs. No matter whatever is your fitness goal, a slight deficiency of protein will push you back from the well-set goals that you have made for yourself. Below are some of the best protein powders for women that you should incorporate into your dietary intake.
1.) Dymatize Nutrition ISO 1000 Protein Powder – Dymatize Nutrition ISO 1000 is considered one of the best protein powders for women. This protein powder helps to build lean muscles. This protein powder provides an impressive 25g of protein per serving and only 2.3g of carbohydrate.
2.) Myprotein Impact Whey Isolate Protein Powder – Myprotein Impact Whey Isolate is considered one of the best protein powders for women. This gluten-free, vegetarian powder from MyProtein goes through a superior purifying process, which means it has 90% protein content and minimal nasties. It’s also jam-packed with essential amino acids and high in BCAA’s, which is especially important as they help stimulate protein synthesis in order to build lean muscle.
3.) Garden of Life Raw Organic Protein Powder – Garden of Life Raw Organic Protein is considered one of the best protein powders for women. This high-protein, vegan protein powder is made with 22 raw sprouted organic ingredients and does all the usual things you would want to help build lean muscle. But what makes it different is it is packed full of lots of clinically-studied goodies designed specifically for weight loss, including Svetol green coffee bean extract to help you burn fat and maintain healthy blood sugar, and Ashwagandha, which can help to curb cravings.
4.) Misfits Protein Powder – Misfits Protein Powder is considered one of the best protein powders for women. Containing just 1.8g of carbohydrates and coming in at 113 calories per serving, Misfit is a great option for those looking to build lean muscle while keeping their carb intake to a minimum. It’s a great option for vegans too, as it’s made from a combination of pea and sunflower protein. It also contains papain, an enzyme found in papaya fruit, which facilitates the breakdown of proteins and stimulates digestion.
5.) Form Performance Protein Powder – Form Performance Protein Powder is considered one of the best protein powders for women. This protein powder offers a complete amino acid profile with 5g of BCAAs per serving, and a whopping 30g of protein, supporting the growth and maintenance of muscle mass. The blend is a mix of organic pea protein with brown rice and hemp proteins. It also contains curcumin and black pepper, both of which have anti-inflammatory properties to help you recover quicker and get back to training faster, as well as 5g of glutamine and digestive enzymes.
The information contained in this article is for educational and informational purposes only and is not intended as a health advice. We would ask you to consult a qualified professional or medical expert to gain additional knowledge before you choose to consume any product or perform any exercise.