Our busy schedule has made it really tough to take care of ourselves regards to food and nutrition. Whatever we eat does not meet the basic protein requirement that we should take for our body. In India, it is observed that men’s nutrition and protein levels are lower due to a lack of fitness and consumption of healthy food. Not all foods can provide us with the necessary daily dose of protein, but an additional protein powder supplement for men should be there in order to make us fit and healthy at all times. With the help of this article, we will try to figure out some of the best protein powders for men that you should incorporate along with your regular diet.
What is Protein?
Primarily protein is considered the building block of life and is found in every cell of the human body. This nutrient is made up of amino acids and is attached to one another in the form of long chains. Proteins are essentially required to build new tissue, whether it’s red blood cells or muscle cells. It is responsible for many other functions of the body, including transport immune function, fluid-electrolyte balance, blood clotting, and providing energy.
Why Protein Powders for Men is Required?
Protein powders are supplements that provide a concentrated dose of protein. They are often used by athletes and bodybuilders to help them build muscle mass. There are many different types of protein powders available on the market, but not all of them are created equal. Some protein powders are better for building muscle than others.
Protein is a nutrient found in food and it’s our body that needs to grow and repair tissues. Protein can also be used for energy. The body needs protein to build and repair muscles, skin, and bones. However, men need protein powders because they help to build muscle mass. Protein powders can also be used to help the body recover from exercise. They can also be used to increase energy levels and improve overall health.
Benefits of Protein Powders for Men
Whey protein is the best protein powder for men and has numerous nutritional health benefits. Let’s look at some of the proven benefits that it has: –
- Helps for Muscle Growth – There are many different types of protein powders on the market, and it can be difficult to know which one is best for you. If you are looking to build muscle mass, whey protein is a good option. Whey protein is a fast-acting protein that helps your muscles recover and grow after exercise. Casein protein is another good option for building muscle mass. It’s a slow-releasing protein that provides your muscles with a steady supply of amino acids throughout the day.
- Manages Weight – Eating protein-rich foods and taking supplements may help people feel fuller for longer. Feeling full tends to result in smaller portion sizes and less frequent snacking, which can help a person maintain a healthy weight or lose weight if necessary. Besides weight management, it also reduces blood pressure, total cholesterol, and other risk factors for cardiovascular diseases.
- Post-Workout Recovery – As well as contributing to muscle growth, protein also helps to repair damaged muscles and tissues. As a result, athletes may use protein powder to speed up recovery from muscle soreness after exercise. However, many studies have confirmed that taking protein supplements after exercise can aid recovery by reducing muscle damage and improving muscle performance and muscle protein synthesis.
- Easily Digestible– Due to the presence of fibre, whey protein powder for men is easily digestible. It contains low body fat, which makes it the best source of protein both for men and women.
- Prevents Diabetes – Diabetes is a growing concern these days which needs utmost attention as far as our diet is concerned. Type-2 diabetes is a chronic disease that occurs due to high blood sugar, impaired function of insulin and overweight. Taking whey protein powder for men helps to eradicate this risk at the earliest.
Types of Protein Powders for Men
- Whey Protein Powder – This water-soluble milk protein is popular among athletes. It is a complete protein, meaning that it contains all of the amino acids that the human body requires from food. The body absorbs whey protein quickly and easily.
- Casein Protein Powder – This type of protein is rich in glutamine, an amino acid that may speed up muscle recovery after exercise. Casein comes from dairy, making it unsuitable for vegans and people with milk allergies. The body digests this protein more slowly, so it may be best to take it at night.
- Soy Protein Powder – Soy protein is an excellent alternative to whey or casein for people who do not consume dairy. It also contains all the essential amino acids.
- Pea Protein Powder – Many plant-based protein powders contain pea protein, which is a high-quality alternative to soy- and dairy-based proteins. Pea protein is a good source of the amino acid arginine.
- Hemp Protein Powder – Hemp seeds are complete proteins that also contain essential fatty acids. This makes hemp an excellent choice for vegans or those with dairy or soy allergies.
Best Whey Protein Powders for Men in the Market
1.) Dymatize Elite Whey Protein – Dymatize Elite protein powder is considered one of the best protein powders for men. This powder offers a high-quality protein blend of whey protein concentrate and isolate. This protein powder contains all the essential amino acids your body needs. It’s particularly rich in leucine, the amino acid that kick-starts the muscle-building process. This makes it a good option for men who want to grow muscle or just maintain what they have.
2.) Legion Casein+ Protein Powder – This Legion Casein+ Protein Powder is considered one of the best protein powders for men. Compare to whey, casein is a milk-based protein that contains all the essential amino acids your body needs. However, your body digests casein protein much more slowly than it digests whey protein.
3.) Organic Grass Fed Whey Protein Powder – This whey protein powder takes the top spot among protein powders for men because of its high-quality, pasture-raised, grass-fed protein. With 21 grams of easy-to-digest protein in each serving, the creamy vanilla flavour adds a delicious taste and a protein boost to your post-workout beverage.
4.) Teraswhey Simply Pure Whey Protein – This whey protein powder is a certified gluten-free product and is hereby sweetened with stevia and provides 21 grams of protein per serving. Each serving also provides 5.29 grams of BCAAs along with 3 grams of sugar and 4 grams of carbohydrates.
5.) Onnit Whey Protein – This Onnit Whey protein isolate is the purest form of whey. Whey concentrates lack fat and carbohydrates from their milk source, leaving only pure protein to assist you to develop muscle and change your body composition. There are no hidden calories or sugar in this product. Whey isolate is superior in a variety of ways. It includes all of the essential amino acids that the body requires to build muscle as well as leucine, a branched-chain amino acid (BCAA) that promotes protein synthesis.
The information contained in this article is for educational and informational purposes only and is not intended as a health advice. We would ask you to consult a qualified professional or medical expert to gain additional knowledge before you choose to consume any product or perform any exercise.