It is easy to put on weight but it becomes quite difficult to lose it. There are times when some find it a daunting task to lose extra kilos that you may have put on. With the help of this article, we will guide you through some of the best weight loss exercises that you can do at your convenience. You must be wondering about early morning gym sessions that hamper your sleep all at once. No need to worry, as with these simple home exercises your weight loss journey will be fruitful without any worries.
Nowadays, weight loss is a great concern; as with a busy work schedule and improper intake of food, people are getting overweight. Having too much weight will lead to many health hazards and subsequently become the root cause of various types of diseases. By just following some home exercises to lose weight, one can reduce the risk of some potentially serious health problems.
Benefits of Exercises to Lose Weight
Performing home exercises to lose weight comes with tons of benefits. Such benefits include lower cholesterol and blood sugar levels, lower blood pressure, less stress on bones and joints, and less work for the heart. Notably, the less stress you put on your heart, the more your heart will work in a long run.
- Promotes active lifestyle – Performing home exercises to lose weight will certainly benefit you to lead an active lifestyle. Having too much weight will make you lazy at all times; therefore, it is better to exercise and maintain the required body weight in order to have an active social lifestyle.
- Decreases risk of heart diseases – Our heart is a vital organ in your body that helps to pump blood, any discrepancies in it will lead to heart attacks. Maintaining a healthy body weight will keep your heart healthy at all times and will also lower the spread of cholesterol in your heart.
- Curtails joint pain – Joint pain is often caused due to high body weight. It has been observed that people who are obese tend to face joint-related disorders and back pains. Sometimes if the joint pain gets severe it leads to osteoarthritis, thus making the situation worse. However, in such a scenario maintaining healthy body weight is necessary to evade such types of discomforts.
What Is a Fat-Burning Weight Loss Exercise
Fat burning and weight loss go hand in hand. It is to be noted that fat burning comes from the metabolism, which works to turn food into energy. Remember to be mindful regard to food choices, intake of calories and performing daily exercises. Our body starts to burn fat when we make mindful habits around in terms of diet and exercise. Only exercise won’t help you, a mindful dietary intake simultaneously will certainly help you in fat reduction and overall weight loss.
Suitable Plans for Exercising at Home
As visiting, gyms have been tiring sometimes. In that case, exercising at home proves a better idea for fitness. In the comfort of your home, you can perform various kinds of moves that will toss your body to the path of fitness.
- Schedule – Creating a schedule with the best exercises to lose weight, and then sticking to it, is key. It goes back to commitment and dedication. Choose the convenient time of the day that suits best for you.
- Planning – You have to define your exercise plan and weight loss workouts. You need to dedicate a space in your home to start all types of home workouts. Consider transforming an area in the garage, basement, or bedroom.
- Equipment – Try to gather some of the home gym equipment which will help you to perform the different types of weight loss exercises that you will be doing.
- Motivation – Motivation is the key to the success. Motivation is going to be necessary to embark on and stay committed to exercising for fat burn and weight loss. A supportive social environment is also extremely important.
Top 10 Home Exercises For Weight Loss
Keeping in mind all the complications enlisted above, it is highly recommended to perform some home exercises to lose weight. Below are some of the moves regards to home exercises to lose weight, which you should try for your weight loss journey.
1.) Elliptical Running – Elliptical Running is one of the best weight loss exercises. Ellipticals are designed to be low impact, so they are easy on the joints. They are also versatile because they offer a range of intensities, speeds, and resistance. For maximum burning, add an incline to your workout. This will activate conditioning in the legs and glutes. Lower inclines and increased intensity work well for the quads. If you’re able to run for 30 minutes, you can burn anywhere from 270 to 400 calories.
2.) Jumping Rope – Jumping Rope is one of the best weight loss exercises. Athletes, especially boxers, are known for training with this exercise to lose weight. Jumping rope helps strengthen footwork, builds and strengthens the upper back and shoulders, enhances coordination, and also allows one to burn about 500 calories in just 30 minutes. Intervals are the best way to engage in this workout. Many are unable to jump rope for 30 minutes straight.
3.) Kettlebells Workouts – Workouts with kettlebells are one of the best weight loss exercises. This is a great combined, double-impact workout. It offers cardio and strength training all in one, making it one of the best exercises to lose weight. Considering kettlebells for a daily workout is treated as an awful cardio exercise for losing weight and also building muscles through a variety of weight training.
4.) Running or Walking Stairs – Running or Walking Stairs is one of the best weight loss exercises. Like the kettlebell, stair climbing is an amalgamation of both cardio/aerobic and anaerobic exercises. Stair climbing burns fat by utilizing the largest metabolically active muscles. It conditions and strengthens many parts of the body, which include: –
- Works out the lower body (legs, glutes, and quads)
- Increases core muscle strength
- Tones the body
- Helps build bone strength as a weight-bearing exercise
- Low impact, meaning it is easy on the joints
5.) Cycling or Bike Riding – Cycling or Bike Riding is one of the best weight loss exercises. Bike riding, both stationary and on road, is one of the best exercises to lose weight. To get there, the intensity has to be moderate. Maximizing the calorie and fat burn requires interval training. Consider doing high intensity for a few minutes, and then decreasing the intensity for a few minutes, and so on. Bike riding is great to support your heart health, but it will also strengthen your legs and core. Furthermore, you can burn 200-400 calories in just thirty minutes.
6.) Agility Ladder – Agility Ladder is one of the best weight loss exercises. An agility ladder offers an inexpensive yet effective and versatile workout. It offers cardio and strength training benefits, making it full impact. There are a variety of movements that can be done: sideways walking/shuffles, a variety of hopping, backward lunges, etc.
7.) Yoga – Yoga is one of the best weight loss exercises. keeps you flexible and healthy for your other, more intense workouts (like that boot camp class). Besides all, yoga requires balance and stability, which promotes functional strength, and helps our mental health. Aim to squeeze it in at least once a week. And if you can’t make it to the studio, there are plenty of flows you can do at home.
8.) Swimming – Swimming is one of the best weight loss exercises. Being a low-impact exercise, swimming works on all of your major muscle groups. As with most workouts, it helps to go in with a plan. It is the best cardiovascular workout anyone of any age can do. Swimming can actually work as both a cardio and a strength activity. The act of swimming will pump your heart rate up and burn calories, while the different strokes and fighting through the water’s resistance will help strengthen your muscles.
9.) CrossFit – CrossFit is one of the best weight loss exercises. Performing CrossFit will burn 15–18 calories per minute for men, whereas women can burn 13–15 calories per minute doing this workout.
10.) Boxing – Boxing is one of the best weight loss exercises. Being a serious calorie burner, a boxing workout burns visceral fat, or the fat commonly found around the waist. All fat isn’t created equally, and belly fat is associated with toxins that change the way your body works leading to a higher risk of various diseases. Belly fat is associated with a higher risk of diabetes, heart disease and certain cancers such as esophageal cancer, colon cancer and pancreatic cancer. Boxing is a great way to reduce that visceral fat around your waist and help reduce the medical risks associated with it.
The information contained in this article is for educational and informational purposes only and is not intended as a health advice. We would ask you to consult a qualified professional or medical expert to gain additional knowledge before you choose to consume any product or perform any exercise.