Setting up a gym at home is the best thing one can have for their daily dose of exercise at any time of the day by just setting up simple and effective home gym equipment. Waking up early morning and hitting the gym sometimes becomes a daunting task for many. Well, if you have your gym equipment then exercising won’t be a burden for you.
Notably, while setting up a home gym, space plays a pivotal role. You should choose your equipment wisely as per your need and space. It is not necessary to have all the machines; you just need to focus on a few key gym equipment pieces that are affordable and reliable for setting up your home gym equipment, to meet your exercise needs.
Major Fitness Equipment That You Should Consider
- Resistance Bands – Any resistance training makes your muscles contract and strengthen. Resistance bands are the best examples to carry out strength-related exercises as they are budget-friendly and best to be considered as home gym equipment.
- Weight–Weight training is also another way of resistance training. With the help of weights, you can perform numerous amounts of exercise for the growth of your muscles. Weight is slightly less budget-friendly compared to bodyweight resistance.
- Cardio – Cardio is an important source of workout to shed extra kilos from your body. Doing cardio makes you sweat more and helps to burn calories. Investing in a standard exercising spin bike will allow you to perform cardio at home without any hindrance. Cardio equipment is costly depending on the model that you are purchasing, but having a spin bike for your cardio is essential for your daily workout.
Factors To Be Considered Before Setting Up Gym at Home
Here are some of the factors that should be kept in mind before setting up a gym at home. These factors will help you to manage your gym professionally as per your requirements.
- Cost – Don’t invest in costly and advanced equipment; buy the one that you can afford so that your daily exercise does not stop. Understanding your preliminary budget and acting accordingly is the smarter way to set up your home gym.
- Space – Don’t take space as a major issue. Even a small space can turn into a battleground for your daily workout. Many pieces of equipment can be folded up and stored away for later use. So having a small or a medium space wouldn’t hamper having a home gym for you.
- Requirements – Having the right requirement is highly important for setting up home gym equipment. Jot down your exercise needs and find out the right tools utmost needed. Before you make any purchases, determine what your individual needs and goals are and then act accordingly.
Top 10 Home Gym Equipment
1.) Cycling Bike – This equipment can be easily installed at your place and can be used by any person in your family. Cycling bikes have an array of usage as they can be used to lose weight, develop leg muscles and many more. These bikes are affordable depending upon their model and fit the best to get in your daily dose of cardio. Cardio is an essential part of daily exercise and doing it regularly improves your heart, lungs and circulation, reducing your risk of cardiovascular diseases.
2.) Medicine Ball – For any rehabilitation purpose, the medicine ball has gained popularity in fitness and sports. This home gym equipment is the best versatile piece one can have for their home workout. A medicine ball helps to strengthen your core, improve your flexibility, and help with back pain. It is also beneficial for those who want to recover from injuries and post surgeries, especially in the case of spinal, shoulder, and knee injuries.
3.) Dumbbells – With a good set of dumbbells you can push every major muscle group, including arms, legs, back and chest. For home, it is recommended to have a set of dumbbells consisting of 5 to 10 kilograms. With this specification, one can have different kinds of workouts in the best possible way. Exercising with dumbbells provides greater levels of muscle activation and helps to produce and stabilize joint motion.
4.) Resistance Bands – Resistance bands come in different colours and are extremely versatile, lightweight and easy to take in a gym bag. Being the best home gym equipment, resistance bands are made of latex and are highly elastic and odourless. These bands are a great way to improve your flexibility and joint mobility. Resistance bands come in five colours namely yellow, green, red, blue and black.
- Yellow resistance bands are meant for beginners, as they offer light resistance and are very stretchy. This colour resistance band are used to do some exercises which use joints such as shoulders and shins.
- Green resistance bands are meant for a step up from the beginner, as they offer medium resistance and have more tension than yellow resistance bands. This colour resistance band are used to work your muscle like the biceps and triceps.
- Red resistance bands are meant for a bit higher level, as they offer a higher level of tension than the green ones. This colour resistance band are used to work your legs, back, and chest.
- Blue resistance bands are meant for stronger people, as they offer heavy resistance. This colour resistance band are used to work on larger muscle groups, such as the legs, chest, and back.
- Black resistance bands consist of the heaviest resistance to pull and stretch. Exercising with this band is challenging compared to other colour-coded bands. This colour resistance band are used to work on large muscles with greater tension intensity.
5.) Kettlebells – Just like dumbbells, the kettlebell helps to work out multiple muscle groups of your body. Kettle Bell comes in different weights and is great to build strength and mobility. It provides you with full-body training for weight loss. Exercising with a kettlebell indulges more muscle to work out resulting in calorie burn.
6.) Yoga Mat – The yoga mat is also one of the best home gym equipment that you can adhere to for your workout regime. A workout mat is a simple yet essential piece of exercise gear for everything from yoga and stretching to weightlifting and high-intensity interval training. While there is an abundance of options to choose from, however, a yoga mat is one of the best because it’s affordable, available in a variety of colours and styles, and easy to clean. It also features a textured nonslip surface to keep you safe and secure while you sweat.
7.) Foam Roller – Foam roller is also one of the best home gym equipment that you can adhere to for your workout regime. This simple foam roller may seem a little basic, but that actually makes it perfect for a home gym setting. Praised by reviewers for its durability, this foam roller is firm enough to target soreness in the shoulders, legs, neck and back. Use it before or after a low-impact workout or a high-impact workout. You can also easily use it with other home exercise equipment, such as a stability ball or ankle weights.
8.) Jumping Rope – Jumping rope is also one of the best home gym equipment that you can adhere to for your workout regime. Jumping rope is a great workout for its range of motion, calories burned, weight loss and getting your heart rate up. Try to purchase a jumping rope which has foam handles, as it offers a comfortable grip on the jump rope during exercise.
9.) Adjustable Bench – Adjustable bench is also one of the best home gym equipment that you can adhere to for your workout regime. This foldable bench is about as customizable as it gets, with six back positions, four seat positions and the option to lay completely flat while weight lifting. Reviewers praise the bench’s ease of adjustment, the fact that it’s foldable for storage and its sturdiness. Plus, the padded seat and foothold make even a longer workout or training session comfortable.
10.) Rowing Machine – Rowing Machine is also one of the best home gym equipment that you can adhere to for your workout regime. Rowing machines offer a low-impact way to get your heart pumping while toning your whole body.
The information contained in this article is for educational and informational purposes only and is not intended as a health advice. We would ask you to consult a qualified professional or medical expert to gain additional knowledge before you choose to consume any product or perform any exercise.