Badminton is a sport which can exercise your entire body and your mind to a certain extent. You engage your core, your limbs, and your brain as you serve and run around the court. It requires quick thinking and speed. One match that lasts for over an hour can help you to burn around 480 calories. Playing badminton daily will allow you to lose about 4 kilograms a month. That is quite the motivation in itself to start playing this sport. However, with such a passion and great advantages, a good pack of badminton rackets are hereby necessary if you really want to give your best.
Benefits of Playing Badminton
Badminton is a racket sport that is very similar to tennis. It is a very popular sport not only for competition but also a fun sport which can be played among your peers. If you are looking for a sport that helps you to maintain your physical and mental health, then badminton is the best choice.
- Helps to stay fit and weight loss – Playing badminton takes a lot of energy and is very exhausting as it uses every muscle in the body. If you play even for an hour, you will be able to burn close to/around 480 calories which is the highest among all the sports. It will help overweight people in burning fat and keep their weight optimal for their age and height.
- Maintains physique and muscle toning – The movements while playing badminton will help to build and tone your core muscles, especially for calves, butt, quads and hamstrings. This kind of cardiovascular workout will help to maintain your body in proper shape.
- Enhances metabolic rate – Having a good metabolism will help you maintain your physique and stay fit. Playing badminton helps improve cardiopulmonary function which means it will make your body habitual to sweating naturally. Sweating helps in removing the toxins from your body and a high metabolic rate can be achieved.
- Improves heart health – High levels of cholesterol decrease the size of blood vessels which may lead to a heart attack or a stroke. Badminton strengthens the heart muscles by unclogging the blocked walls of the heart leading to better blood flow. People with pre-existing heart conditions can benefit from the sport by taking proper medical supervision.
- Allows muscle strength and flexibility – The more you move, the more flexible you become. While playing badminton, moving fast and swinging the racquet at the speed required is very essential. This improves flexibility and also helps players gain muscle strength and endurance.
How To Pick Perfect Badminton Rackets
Few characteristics define a performance of a badminton racket. With the help of this article, we will try to figure out some of the best badminton rackets for you.
- Balance – A balanced badminton racket is highly necessary at the time of playing. You can find out the balance point by putting the middle of the shaft on your finger and seeing which side it leans to. If it leans toward the racket head it obviously is head-heavy, else if it leans toward the grip, it is head-light. The balance has a huge influence on the feel of the racket and there are some basic rules that tell which balance is better for a certain style or technique.
- Racket Weight – A racket weight is also necessary to choose a badminton racket for you. A light racket offers the advantage of better manoeuvrability and faster reactions. On the other hand, the lack of mass leads to a loss of power when swinging the racket head. That is why in general a badminton racket for doubles will be lighter than a badminton racket for singles quick reactions are everything in Doubles.
- Shaft Stiffness – A badminton racket comes with a certain stiffness. That means nothing more than how flexible the shaft is. You can easily test this by holding the racket grip with one hand and bending the racket head with the other hand. You will notice a difference between rackets, some won`t bend at all, and others will bend quite a bit. But be careful and don`t overdo it, as it may break.
- Frame Shape – The shape of the frame is also necessary to choose a badminton racket. There are two types of frames Isometric and the Oval shape frame. Isometric is to generate more power, whereas Oval one is for a bigger playing area.
- Racket Grip – The grip size in Badminton is unfortunately not standardized, but in general it is indicated from G1 to G5, G1 being the smallest grip size and G5 the largest. Like the other four features of a badminton racket, the grip size is highly important. A beginner might opt for a very thick grip because it feels safer in the hand. The racket lies firmly in your hand and can help you hit harder.
Top 10 Badminton Rackets
1.) Yonex Voltric Z Force II – Yonex Voltric Z Force II is considered one of the best badminton rackets. The aerodynamic frame of Yonex Voltric Z Force II results in the minimization of air resistance. The racquet uses cutting-edge nanometric carbon technology that makes it ultra-thin and helps in generating more power in shots. Yonex Voltric Z force II with isometric design amplifies the sweet spot by 7% when compared to conventional (round) frames. The t-joint of the racquet increases strength between the frame and allows more control.
2.) Yonex Voltric 0.5 DG Slim – Yonex Voltric 0.5 DG Slim is one of the best badminton rackets available in the market in 2022. It is made up of super high elastic, high modulus graphite that makes it lighter compared to other Yonex badminton racquets. Yonex Voltric 0.5 DG slim is a perfect choice for players who seek all-around performance. The tri-voltage system exclusive for voltric allows rapid smashes and effective handling.
3.) Yonex Arcsaber 11 – Yonex Arcsaber 11 is considered one of the best badminton rackets as it is in great demand in the market. Yonex Arcsaber 11 has a stiff and balanced structure that allows players to hit shots with precision. The neo-CS carbon nanotube technology ensures strings return to their original state quickly after hitting a shot. The medium area of the frame is built with sonic material. It increases the rebound power of the racquet and also gives it a soothing sound.
4.) Yonex Astrox 99 Play – Yonex Astrox 99 Play is one of the best badminton rackets equipped with a slim shaft. Further, the Power ASSIST-BUMPER installed at the head of the frame adds weight to the shuttle, thus resulting in hitting powerful shots. To broaden the sweet spot, Yonex Astrox 99 play has an isometric frame which increases the sweet spot by 7%.
5.) Yonex Nanoray Light 18I – Yonex Nanoray Light 18I is considered one of the best badminton rackets. The unique frame design of Yonex Nanoray Light 18I makes it a preferred choice for players. The snapback zone frame concept used in the racquet with long and slim shaft help in generating explosive power in shots. Yonex Nanoray Light 18I has X-Fullerene material that provides 5% more repulsion and 15% more stability.
6.) Li-Ning Windstorm 74 – Li-Ning Windstorm 74 is considered one of the best badminton rackets. The frames of Li-Ning Windstorm 74 have a low drag coefficient and high intensity. It enhances player performance and helps them in hitting quality shots. The sweet spot of the racquet is large and the hitting point is a bit higher when compared with other racquets.
7.) Li-Ning G Force 3600 Super Lite – Li-Ning G Force 3600 Super Lite is considered one of the best badminton rackets. This racket is a perfect choice for players who are looking for a lightweight racquet that delivers high performance. The head of the Li-Ning G Force 3600 super lite badminton racquet is heavy offers high tension and generates blistering power in shots. It is a perfect combination of flexibility, power and lightweight.
8.) Li-Ning Turbo 99 – Li-Ning Turbo 99 is considered one of the best badminton rackets which has a head-heavy structure. It is an ideal choice for players who are fans of aggressive gameplay. The dynamic optimum frame of the racquet increases the sweet spot. To minimize air resistance and improve durability & stability, Li-ning Turbo 99 is equipped with TB nano-technology and an Aerotech beam system.
9.) Apacs Z Ziggler – Apacs Z Ziggler is considered one of the best badminton rackets The racket is ideal for players who are looking for powerful hitting as it offers the highest string tension. It has the slimmest shaft (6.4 mm) on the market. Apacs Z Ziggler is made up of IPN Japanese carbon graphite leading to increased durability of the racquet.
10.) Apacs Finapi 232 – Apacs Finapi 232 is considered one of the best badminton rackets This racket is specifically designed for offensive players. The aerodynamic widebody head design allows players to generate more power and hit rapid shots. Apacs Finapi 232 is manufactured with new carbon nanotube technology that allows great handling and improvised executions. The light body of the racquet makes it easy to handle.
The information contained in this article is for educational and informational purposes only and is not intended as a health advice. We would ask you to consult a qualified professional or medical expert to gain additional knowledge before you choose to consume any product or perform any exercise.