Yoga has always been a traditional way of bringing fitness to our life. Everyone’s favorite, yoga tends to fetch some most essential mental and physical fitness to us. One can try different variations to the age-old practice of body stretching and meditation forms.
In this article, we are going to discuss the essence of Hot Yoga, one of the hybrid forms of doing yoga.
What is Hot Yoga?
Hot Yoga is a different style of yoga that takes place in a particular room temperature that is between 32 to 39 degrees.
The range in Hot Yoga starts from more soft Yin classes and more fluid Vinyasa flow classes.
The style of yoga is becoming popular day-by-day across the globe with many benefits and health rewards.
Now you must be wondering about the benefits of hot yoga.
Here are Benefits of Hot Yoga
- It leads you to Flexibility
In the process of hot yoga, you need a particular temperature to start with your exercise and the warmer room makes it easier for your muscle to stretch and become flexible.
The temperature will allow you to stretch deeper within every pose and will lead to an increase in the range of motion in muscles.
The room temperature you need in Hot Yoga is between 30 to 39 degrees.
- It’s among Intense exercises
Hot yoga is counted among the intense workout as the heat in hot yoga will make your heart pump faster.
As the yoga studio has a hot temperature it needs to push blood towards the to make you feel cool.
The more your heart pumps means better cardio workout you would be getting doing the same yoga sequence in a cold studio.
- It helps in kicking stress to the curb
Of course, your regular yoga practice in your air-conditioned rooms can help you in chilling out but the hot yoga studio adds a bonus to it.
Generally, hot yoga allows you to focus on your breathing more as it’s sweltering in those rooms.
Deep breathing is key to stress relaxation and making yourself comfortable.
- It helps in improving your lungs capacity
We all think that stifling rooms makes it harder to breathe but the breathing exercise done in a hot yoga studio can help you train your lungs to retain more air.
Deep breathing helps in the expansion of lungs that allows more oxygen to enter the bloodstream followed by getting into other organs.
- It helps in burning calories
Hot yoga increases your heart rate that eventually leads to burning calories and promoting weight loss.
If you are not doing any movement in the hot room the room itself helps you to sweat and burn calories.
What all you need to take care of before starting hot yoga?
- Stay hydrated during your hot yoga session as you sweat out a lot of water that can cause dehydration and for compensating it you need an ample amount of water before and during your exercise session.
- As the warmer temperature helps in increasing flexibility in your muscles there are chances you may injure yourself.
- There are chances that in a hot yoga studio your blood pressure may drop and you start feeling nauseated or dizzy. So take a note on that and do that many rounds of exercises that don’t cause you discomfort.
So here is all you need to know about hot yoga.
Try this different style of yoga and enjoy the health benefits of hot yoga.