Have you ever thought of how much water do we really need in a day? No?
The most common dilemma that we all are trapped in is how much we really need to drink per day. Everyone has a different answer to this.
Our body is about 60% of water and we are constantly losing water from our body via sweat and urine. Also, we need to drink an adequate amount of water to drink to prevent dehydration.
There are many bits of advice and opinions made by different health authorities and health gurus on how much water one should drink.
Some health authorities recommend that you need to drink 2 liters of water in a day. And some health gurus suggest that you need to drink water constantly throughout the day even if you are not feeling thirsty.
However, we think that this depends and differs from every individual need for water.
Does water intake affect brain function or energy levels?
Deficiency of any mineral or nutrients leads to illness and related diseases. And if we eat in a healthy way and intake the proper nutrients we stay fit.
Similarly, the amount of water intake can affect our energy levels. If we are dehydrated then we won’t be able to work properly and our brain functioning may get affected.
So it is necessary for all that we need to maintain a balanced water level in our body to stay hydrated and active throughout the day.
Drinking more water is associated with weight loss and good health
Drinking more water can boost your metabolism at a certain point that can lead to weight loss. Also, if you drink water before eating your meal this will allow you to take fewer calories.
Drinking water can prevent these health problems:
- Acne and skin hydration: Water can keep your skin hydrated and helps in reducing the acne and pimples.
- Kidney stones: More drinking water can help in decreasing kidney stones.
- Cancer: People who drink more water have a lower risk of colorectal and bladder cancer
- Constipation: A very common problem, if you drink more water then you can fight this problem.
Can you replace water with packaged fruit juices?
Packaged fruit juices are added with preservatives. We can give you reasons why you should avoid packaged fruit juices.
- Loss of nutrients: The tetra packed juices contain heat-treated juice that is more artificial and this procedure causes loss of nutrients.
- Lack of fiber: The packaged fruit juices contain artificial flavors and there is no fiber of fruits in the packaged bottles.
- Excess sugar: The packaged fruit juices bottles contain excess sugar and that’s harmful to your body.
- Misleading satiety: The satisfaction should come from healthy things and not from treated things.
- No more white teeth: Say bye to white teeth if you are addicted to packaged fruit juices. They contain excess sugar that can cause dental erosion.
Trust your thirst
Whenever you need water in your body then you need to drink water. Your thirst mechanism in the brain is very effective and you should trust it.
If you are doing breastfeeding then you need to drink water to generate more milk. If you feel dehydrated then you need to sip a glass of water to stay hydrated and active throughout the day.
Ultimate Answer – How Much Water You Need To Drink
Water Intake differs from person to person, like for some people drinking to much water can lead him to frequent bathroom trips while for some drinking water is just for quenching thirst!
Here is a simple guideline you can follow:
Drink water when you are thirsty. And when you are not thirsty then stop it. Drink water after your exercise routine.
Drink when you feel you need it!
The information contained in this article is for educational and informational purposes only and is not intended as a health advice. We would ask you to consult a qualified professional or medical expert to gain additional knowledge before you choose to consume any product or perform any exercise.