If you are planning to lose weight, then with the help of this article we will guide you with a proper weight loss diet plan, which you can follow. Losing weight cannot be possible overnight as it requires great hard work, willpower and patience, which go hand to hand as the day progresses.
We do understand that Indian diets and foods are most of the time ‘not so nutritious’ but full of spices loaded with carbs and fats which work as a great cause for obesity. However, we should also consider that Indian dishes consist of vibrant spices, herbs, and a variety of authentic ingredients, which when taken wisely do wonders for weight loss.
The Ideology Behind the Indian diet Plan for Weight Loss
Obesity being a rising issue in the Indian population makes weight loss a great concern. No need to worry, as with a few notable reminders you can lose weight and can get into the shape that you have always wanted. The simple mathematics of consumption and expenditure draws a major role in your weight loss goal. We tend to lose weight when our consumption of calories is lesser compared to our intake. This is what should be taken care of for our everyday meals.
A properly balanced diet and plant-based food offer all the essential calories and nutrients that our body needs to stay healthy. Consumption of plant-based diets has many health benefits, as it helps to lower the risk of heart disease, diabetes and certain cancers, making it fit for an Indian diet plan for weight loss.
Besides, spices like turmeric and cinnamon are the best natural ingredient that offers various health remedies, as it has anti-inflammatory, antibacterial and anticancer properties. Many Indian spices are used in Indian food and are great for our digestive health.
Foods to be considered for the Diet Plan for Weight Loss
Many foods should be incorporated into our diet to lead a healthy lifestyle. These foods are the best ones you can have for your Indian diet plan for weight loss.
- Beans and Lentils –Food like beans and lentils contain soluble fibre, which helps in the reduction of our waist size.
- Nuts –Incorporating nuts, sesame seeds, sunflower seeds, walnuts, and pine nuts helps to keep our heart healthy. It pulls off bad cholesterol from your body and helps to maintain good cholesterol levels. Thus keep your hunger pangs at corners, further helping you avoid overeating.
- Green leafy vegetables– The greener your plate will be, the better the chances of weight loss. Green leafy vegetables like palak, sarson, and methi are loaded with vitamins, as it keeps your calories down and helps to boost your energy levels, making them fit to sync with the weight loss diet plan.
- Fruits –It is necessary to have fruits in your diet as they are a natural source of sweet and essential vitamins. Fruits like mango, papaya, pomegranate, guava, oranges, tamarind, lychee, apples, melon, pears, plums and bananas have enormous potential for weight reduction, thus making the best Indian diet plan for weight loss.
- Oats –Indian diet plan for weight loss is incomplete without oats. A bowl of oats in a day will keep all worries away. Having oats during breakfast makes you less hungry, as it provides you with more protein, fibre and less sugar.
- Boiled or Baked Foods– Especially for diet plans for weight loss, boiled and baked foods should be considered utmost. Fried foods are a source of excessive calories and should be avoided as far as weight loss is s concerned.
- Calories-free beverages– Sugar-laden beverages work as a carrier of the significant number of calories that your body does not needs. Instead of having sugar beverages, you can choose calorie-free beverages such as juice or green tea. Green tea has been the most prominent source of drink one can have in the Indian diet for weight loss. This particular beverage proves a miracle as it contains antioxidants and nutrients to provide you with overall health benefits. Green tea consists of a high concentration of vitamins and minerals, which allows for enhancing metabolism, resulting in fat burn. The antioxidants in green tea for weight loss contain vitamin E, vitamin C and beta-carotene which help to protect the body and keep it away from any health deterioration.
Best Diet Plan for Weight Loss
1.) Keto Diet – The ketogenic diet or keto diet is the best weight loss diet plan that you should consider on your plate. These diets are low-carb, high-fat diet that offers many health benefits. This diet plan involves drastically reducing carbohydrate intake and replacing it with fat. This calorie deficit puts your body into a metabolic state called ketosis, which makes your body incredibly efficient at burning fat for energy. It also causes a massive reduction in blood sugar and insulin levels. This, along with the increased ketones, has numerous health benefits.
2.) Low Carb Diet – Low carb diet is the best weight loss diet plan that you should consider on your plate. A low-carb diet is a diet that reduces carbohydrates, like those found in processed foods, pasta, and bread. It is rich in vegetables that are protein, fat and nutritious. In this, your carb intake is cut down to 20-150 grams per day. Typically, a low-carb diet is used to lose weight. There are a few low-carb diets, that reduce the risk factors associated with type 2 diabetes and metabolic syndrome, beyond weight loss.
3.) Paleo Diet – Paleo Diet is the best weight loss diet plan that you should consider on your plate. The paleo diet promotes whole foods, protein, vegetables, berries, nuts, and seeds while at the same time discouraging processed foods, sugar, dairy, and grains. Some more flexible versions of the paleo diet also allow dairy products such as cheese and butter and tubers such as potatoes and sweet potatoes. The diet plan is effective in reducing heart disease risk factors such as cholesterol, blood sugar, blood triglycerides, and blood pressure.
4.) Mediterranean Diet – Mediterranean Diet is the best weight loss diet plan that you should consider on your plate. The Mediterranean diet does not make you leap through impossible hoops or push you to the point of suffering. The diet is based on foods that were eaten by people in countries such as Italy and Greece. It focuses on incorporating bold flavours and pleasures of the table. The diet is a balanced eating pattern incorporating vegetables; fruit; whole grains; lean proteins, fish, and olive oil.
5.) DASH Diet – The DASH Diet is the best weight loss diet plan that you should consider on your plate. Dietary Approaches to Stop Hypertension, or DASH diet, is a diet plan designed to help treat or prevent high blood pressure, known as hypertension, clinically. It highlights eating lots of fruits, vegetables, whole grains and lean meats and is low in salt, red meat, added sugars and fat.
The information contained in this article is for educational and informational purposes only and is not intended as a health advice. We would ask you to consult a qualified professional or medical expert to gain additional knowledge before you choose to consume any product or perform any exercise.