Your back muscle is the most crucial group of muscles in your body. Owing to its prolonged usages across all day doing different set of jobs, problems like back pain become so inevitable to a number of adult people. Once you develop problems in your lower back, it can extend to your legs and subsequently to your hips, hence taking care of your back pain become more important.
There can be a number of reasons of developing a back pain including long hour of desk jobs besides heavy lifting and driving bikes.Overuse of certain back muscle tire ligaments present in the back muscle which finally develop chronic back pain if not checked precisely.
There are a few preventive things that you can do to abort such back pain:
- Keep a strong core
- Keep a good body posture
- Ensure you are currently lifting weights
- Keeping a check on your overall health
- A little known reason OF back pain could be having strong hamstrings
- Your bed can be one of the reasons so check it
Talking more about the back, there are a few exercises for back pain that you can include in your regular workout routine. In order to take care of your back pain, we have enlisted a few exercises for back pain that you do even at your home like other home workouts:
Best 5 Exercises for back pain
Bridge Pose is one of the effective exercises for back pain. In this exercise for back pain you will have to raise the midsection of your body, in order to stretch the muscles present in the lower back region, including the abdominals and the chest. This exercise for back pain is also referred to as Setu Bandhasana in yoga and is considered to be a great exercise, especially for individuals who experience pain in the lower back area of their body.
Direction to do
- Begin by lying down on your back. Place a mat on the floor and then lie down on the mat.
- Your knees must be kept bent and your feet should be placed solid onto the floor.
- Place your feet hip-width apart.
- Your arms must be kept straight by placing them on both sides, at a distance that is a bit beneath the hips.
- Raise your hips by driving your glutes on to the top.
- A straight line must be formed by you that starts from your knees and will go all the way up to the shoulders.
- Stop and wait for a few seconds.
You can repeat this exercise for about 8-10 times.
All the above mentioned exercises can be done literally anywhere, whether it is at your home or any other place. Further, they also serve to benefit those individuals who have been suffering from back pain that has arisen due to the maintenance of a bad posture.
This is an excellent exercise for back pain that can be done by individuals for protecting the lower back region of their body. In case you have been sitting for longer hours, there are higher chances that your spine might have become compressed over a period of time. However, to tackle this problem, you can start doing baby pose exercise that helps in extending the spine that had become compressed. By doing this exercise for back pain, the hips, shoulders and your back are stretched adequately.
Direction to do
- Start by coming down on your hands and knees by placing them on a mat. Now, bring your hips back, in order to sit on your feet.
- Rest your hips between the feet. You must broaden the position of the feet, in case it has become highly impossible for you to do it.
- Now, start stretching the arms out a bit more on to the front and touch the head on to the floor in front of your knees.
- Stop for a few seconds and keep breathing.
- You can repeat this exercise again by doing it a few times.
3)Cat Cow Pose
The Cat-Cow pose is an exercise for back pain in which you would have to shift between two positions repeatedly. While you curve your back inwards as well as outwards, it helps in freeing up of the muscles surrounding the backbone and abdomen area of your body.
Direction to do
- Place your hands and knees on an exercise mat or the floor by positioning both your knees and palms firmly grounded to the floor. Your knees and feet must be placed hip-width apart.
- Your back has to be kept straight, which should be similar to that of a bench top. Subsequently, your back must be raised in an upward arch position in order to assume the position of a cat pose. Now, keep your head bent towards your chest. Stop for a few seconds and carry on with your breathing as usual.
- Now, start by bringing your abdomen to the bottom of the floor and twist your back inwards to move into the cow position.
- Raise your neck up and start breathing in. Relax for a few seconds.
- You can try to complete about 3-4 repetitions in the beginning and later increase the repetitions after getting a good practice by doing this exercise frequently.
This exercise is primarily another extension of the lower spine, which helps in stretching out your muscles present in the abdomen part. These muscles may become huddled together, if individuals keep sitting for longer number of hours on a daily basis. You must include this exercise for back pain as part of your daily routine, while doing the other exercises, since it will yield effective results by helping strengthen the midsection of your body.
Direction to do
- Start by lying down flat on your stomach by keeping your palms placed on the floor next to your shoulders. Your legs must be kept straight. Now, relax by keeping the top of your feet on the floor.
- Raise the upper portion of your body by fastening your hands on to the floor, while the lower body is firmly planted.
- Now, the upper body must be stretched upwards as much as you are able to move it easily.
- Make sure to breathe normal at this point and do not hold your breath at any point. Stop and wait for a few seconds.
- Now, you can come back to the relaxing position.
You can repeat these steps at least 8-10 times.
Hamstring Stretches are yet another effective exercise for back pain which relax the hind side of the leg, where some of muscle that support spine are found. You can either use a towel or a resistance band to perform the exercise for back pain.
Direction to do
- First lie on a mat with one knee bent
- Now taking a towel or a resistance ban thread beneath the hills of the unbent leg
- Now start pulling back the towel or band, once you jacked it around your heel
- You should feel a slight stretch along the back of the leg
- Try to hold the stretch for at least 15-30 seconds
The information contained in this article is for educational and informational purposes only and is not intended as a health advice. We would ask you to consult a qualified professional or medical expert to gain additional knowledge before you choose to consume any product or perform any exercise.