When you are working hard to get fit and lose weight, you want a regular routine that provides strong results. In order to have strong results, you don’t need to become a gym rat. Studies have confirmed that shorter periods of exercise are more effective for fat loss. Even a regular workout regime at home can benefit you in your weight loss journey and will turn you fit from fat. With the help of this article, we will try to figure out some of the weight loss exercises that you can incorporate anywhere as per your feasibility.
Performing cardio exercises has a stunning record to crush all those extra flab around your waistline. Running on a treadmill will burn 25-39% more calories than doing kettlebell exercises at the same level of exertion. However, your best bet for weight loss will certainly be a routine that comes with a combination of cardio and strength.
Benefits of Weight Loss
- Regulates Blood Sugar Levels – Losing weight improves insulin sensitivity in people with type 2 diabetes. Excess body fat leads to an increase in adipose tissue, which causes inflammation and interferes with the function of insulin, which is the hormone that helps regulate blood sugar levels. Weight loss reduces adipose tissue, which allows the body to manage blood sugar more effectively. In addition, you don’t have to lose that much weight to see results. Studies confirmed that just a 5% reduction in body weight improved blood sugar levels in adults.
- Improves Heart Health – Losing weight can also improve heart health by reducing pressure on arteries, meaning the heart doesn’t have to work as hard to pump blood through the body.
- Prevents Risk of Stroke – Excess weight can increase blood pressure, and therefore your risk of stroke. This is because high blood pressure puts a strain on your blood vessels, making them stiffer and more likely to cause blood to clot.
- Improves Mobility – Losing weight alleviates pressure on knees and joints, which can improve mobility. Our joints already take a beating from everyday wear and tear, extra weight hanging around on your midsection only makes matters worse. Simply put, the less you weigh the less your skeletal frame and joints have to support, which translates into less joint pain.
- Relief from Stress – Losing weight has a deep impact on losing stress, as stress is the one that generates numerous ideas in your mind regards to health and diseases that might hamper you in future. However, to lose weight, a few simple things will certainly make your weight loss journey fruitful; these are eating a portion of balanced diet food, exercising consistently, and getting lots of sleep are some of the greatest ways to alleviate stress and anxiety.
Best Essential Exercises for Weight Loss
1.) Aerobic Exercises – Aerobic Exercises are one of the best weight loss exercises. Aerobic workouts such as jogging and running are considered to be the king of weight loss exercises. These exercises are total body-integrated exercises. It will strengthen your legs and be very effective for belly fat. Running and Jogging will approximately help burn 372 calories per 30 minutes and 298 calories per 30 minutes respectively. The combination of these 3 exercises will certainly help improve your muscular strength and overall body weight to keep you fit and healthy.
2.) Skipping – Skipping is one of the best weight loss exercises. Skipping exercise offers a complete body workout and helps increase your muscle strength, and metabolism, and hence burns many calories in a short time. Skipping exercises done regularly will bring in calmness and help to ease depression and anxiety. The workout also increases your heart rate which results in faster pumping of blood across your body to keep your heart in a better and healthy condition. Along with your heart, this exercise takes care of your lungs by keeping them functioning and healthy.
3.) Planks – Planks are one of the best weight loss exercises. Plank Pose or Plank exercise is one of the most effective full-body workouts. The biggest advantage of Plank’s workout is it targets most of the major muscle groups in the body. It strengthens your muscles in the core, shoulder, arms, chest, back, and hips. Along with these benefits, plank exercises help in quickly burning the excess fats and calories from the body. Plank exercise has different variations that target different muscle and body areas. Each variation is very helpful and keeps improving your core strength, body balance, endurance, and posture.
4.) Push-Ups and Pull-Ups – Push-Ups and Pull-Ups are one of the best weight loss exercises. Push-ups are one of the most popular exercises and it is a workout that can be done at any time, anyplace, and by anyone. Push-up exercise is very useful for weight loss as it pushes your body away from the ground and exerts energy which in turn burns calories. Push-up exercises are good as it burns calories quickly and makes you focus on the larger muscles in your upper body. Push-up workout also focuses on your chest, shoulders, back, biceps, and triceps. Push-up exercise will also strengthen your core muscles and make your body physically stable and healthy.
5.) Squats – Squats are one of the best weight loss exercises. Squat exercises are known as muscle strengthening exercises. The main aim of this exercise is to improve the lower part of the body. Squats help burn calories and prevent fat from accumulating in your lower part of the body. This exercise helps improve your mobility and also balance. A beginner should aim for 3 sets of 12-15 reps of at least one type of squat to expect better results.
Below are some of the tips that will certainly make your weight loss programme ever more and better ever.
- Do not fall prey to fad diets that promise results in a short amount of time.
- Beware of alluring weight loss pills and belts which may only give short-term results.
- Starving yourself is certainly not the right answer as it can lead to other problems like acidity, nausea, etc.
The information contained in this article is for educational and informational purposes only and is not intended as a health advice. We would ask you to consult a qualified professional or medical expert to gain additional knowledge before you choose to consume any product or perform any exercise.