The Sports Authority of India (SAI) has selected 11 Olympians and three Paralympians to coach young and budding athletes.
The move has been taken in order to give opportunity to those athletes and parahletes who have bagged medals for the nation and now wants to pay back to the nation by teaching young athlete for a better future performance of INDIA at such reputed platforms like Olympics and Paralympics.
The appointments as the regular staff of SAI will also provide the athlete a financial security. SAI has confirmed the opportunities in a Press Release.
Speaking about the appointments, Ms. Neelam Kapur, DG SAI, said, “This is our way of acknowledging the contribution made by these sportspersons to the country. We want sportspersons who have represented the country in the most competitive, elite events of the world, to be associated with sports throughout their professional careers and even after they retire. We want to harness their vast experience towards training young, prospective medal winners.”
In the meantime, 11 Olympians and remaining two Para Olympians have been offered Group B post as Assistant Coaches.
- Ashwini Akkunji Chidananda(Athletics Rio 2016- 4X400m relay)
- Jincy Philip Athletics (Sydney 2000- 4X400m relay)
- Surendra Singh (Athletics Beijing 2008 – 10000m)
- Inderpal Singh (Water Sports Sydney 2000 – Rowing)
- Majhi Sawaiyan (Archery Athens 2004 – Archery)
- Jaisha.O.P (Athletics Rio 2016 – Marathon)
- Savita Punia (Hockey Rio 2016 – Hockey)
- Debashri Mazumdar (Athletics Rio 2016 – 400 and 4X400 m relay)
- Muhammed Anas Y (Athletics Rio 2016 – 400 and 4X400 m relay)
- Gopi T (Athletics Rio 2016- Marathon)
- Ram Singh Yadav (Athletics London 2012- Marathon Paralympian)
- Sharad Kumar (Athletics Rio 2016- High Jump)
- Ankur Dhama (Athletics Rio 2016- 1500mtr).
All the appointed coaches have been asked to join on January 5, while retired sportspersons will take on coaching jobs with immediate effect.
The information contained in this article is for educational and informational purposes only and is not intended as a health advice. We would ask you to consult a qualified professional or medical expert to gain additional knowledge before you choose to consume any product or perform any exercise.