Heart disease has become the leading cause of death in India. We all should follow some steps to keep our heart healthy. It is essential to take precautions for our heart health to live a longer and healthy life. So, today, on World Heart Day, you can follow these steps to make your heart healthy. Show some love and care to your heart.
Follow these steps to prevent heart disease:
- Eat healthily: Eating healthy and food full of vitamins and minerals will improve your heart health and overall fitness. You can have green and leafy vegetables, beetroot, and pomegranate to enhance the functioning of your heart.
- Get active: The lockdown situation has made most of us lazy and addicted to binge-watching. Leave your couches and Netflix, and start exercising daily to stay fit and healthy.
- Stay at a healthy weight: Do not go overweight or underweight. Maintain a healthy weight according to your age and body type. This will also improve your heart health.
- Quit smoking and stay away from secondhand smoke: Smoking should be quitted. Smoking is exceptionally injurious for your heart.
- Control your cholesterol and blood pressure: Keep a check on your blood pressure and cholesterol levels to know about the improvements and precautions you should take to make your heart health more strong.
- Drink alcohol only in balance: Excess of anything is wrong. Drink alcohol in a balanced way. Over and excess can damage your heart.
- Manage stress: Do not take unnecessary stress and pressure on you. Manage your stress levels, sleep properly, exercise daily, and have a properly nutritious diet.