Congratulations to the new mothers. After giving birth to a baby it’s important to maintain your fitness and health. The pain and discomfort a mother experience is indefinable. And the need for good health and fitness for a mother is something really important to her life.
We mostly ignore our fitness and health and focuses on feeding and raising the child. We never thought that if we will be healthy and active our child would be and can raise him in a more good way.
After being a mother life changes forever but that doesn’t mean that you have to ignore your fitness.
Yes I know there are many challenges coming in your way to stop you but you shouldn’t!
- The first and common difficulty you must be facing is how to balance family, baby, work, home, and friends.
- You must be finding difficulty when you should exercise and how to manage your time with exercise and baby.
- You all must be coping up with less and comfortable sleep.
- You must be experiencing general fatigue.
- Going demotivated for beginning exercise and maintaining it.
You Can Drive Back To Fitness After Having Baby Is Possible
Yes, you can achieve the same figure and pre-pregnancy dress with your dedication and love for yourself. There are many examples that can inspire you to get back to your lost fitness after pregnancy.
These athletes have proved that women can do anything if determine. Paula Radcliffe, Ingrid Kristen, and Sania O’Brien Sullivan have set the inspiration for everyone that how they returned with the same perfection in their field after pregnancy.
Start With Your Fitness Routine After Having A Baby
It is advised by the doctors to take complete bed rest for two weeks just after your pregnancy. You can determine to start your exercise routine for two weeks.
You should not be taking any stress emotionally or physically after two weeks of your pregnancy. You can resume your day to day activities after two weeks of your delivery.
If you had cesarean delivery than you should take complete bed rest for 8-10 weeks. And can resume on your daily routine afterward Make no hurry in starting your exercise schedule. Whenever you feel comfortable emotionally and physically you can start it by then. Till that time your newborn baby will be settled into a manageable time.
Keep in Mind:-
After delivery, your joints become loose due to the relaxing of hormones that helped and allowed in stretching to accommodate your baby. And after delivery, you should avoid excessive flexibility workout exercises for at least 16-20 weeks. These high impact exercises and lifting weights can be resumed after 20 weeks.
Organize your fitness plan according to your body’s safety.
Your Targets for Achieving Fitness
- Returning back to your pre pregnancy dress and weight.
- Regaining your abdominal strength
- Improving your body posture.
- Feeling less stressed and more good.
- Increasing strength and stamina.
- Ensuring weight loss.
- Increasing metabolism and metabolic rate.
- Gaining self-confidence.
Balancing Time For Fitness And Baby Simultaneously
After having a baby every mother becomes quite busy with feeding and taking care of her child.
In the earlier days, you will find hard taking out time for your fitness routine but after few days it is possible.
So after few days plan these things with everyone. By adding everyone to this you make clear to them that exercising is how important for you. They will help and contribute in the progress of your post-pregnancy health and fitness.
You should plan, organize, and communicate to make sure that everyone is understanding your need for being fit. By everyone’s effort, you will achieve your target soon and desired fitness and health.
Strategies for Exercise
A frequently asked question is how to take out time from the care of newborn babies for our exercise schedule.
- Parents:- Grandparents are always to take care of their grandchild. You can leave your kid with them for few hours and focus on your exercise.
- Partner:- The father of your child should have some responsibility for your fitness. You can take help from him. He can have a special bonding time with his newborn baby.
- Nursery care:- Social interaction is necessary to make your baby confident and learn more things.
- Babysitting:- Your friends who too love your baby can be the babysitter for you for some hours. Remember your friends and family will always support you. So just go and knock their doorbell.
- Older siblings:- If your child is lucky enough to have a relationship with his older brother and sister who is responsible then you have another opportunity to carry out your fitness routine.
- Health club crèches:- Many huge health club chains provide creche facilities so that you can exercise and someone can take care of your baby.
Once you welcome your baby, your life completely changes. It’s a new journey of life!
By focusing on your fitness and health will eventually make you enjoy your motherhood more. You will enjoy playing and parenting your newborn.
Happy motherhood to you!
The information contained in this article is for educational and informational purposes only and is not intended as a health advice. We would ask you to consult a qualified professional or medical expert to gain additional knowledge before you choose to consume any product or perform any exercise.