The rainy season has entered our life and brought along some relief from the sweltering heat. You cannot ignore the mesmerizing fragrance of rain, and the breeze’s coolness, the lush green freshly bathed trees. However, it also brings its share of skin problems, like every other season. The monsoon season indeed brings long spells of rains, and it also produces high humidity levels that can be a nightmare for your skin health, particularly for those who already have oily and acne-prone skin. It is essential to change your skincare routine according to the season change. The basic rule is to ‘cleanse tone and moisturize,’ We can help you out the monsoon version of this essential routine along with some other skincare tips and home remedies that you should try in the monsoon season.
Monsoon season skincare tips
- A rainy day doesn’t indicate your skin is protected from the sun’s harmful ultra-violet rays. So to avoid any skin problems, then apply a good sunscreen every day when you go out.
- Make sure you rinse your face at least two-three times in a day to avoid excess oil and dirt, more preventing fungal infections.
- Drink a lot of water to keep your body prevent toxins affecting to pimples and acne.
- Use natural ingredients for your skin and less market skin products that can harm your skin.
- Try wearing less makeup as it can seal your skin pores and cause break-outs. Even if you have break-outs, then make sure you wash it thoroughly before going to bed.
- You must avoid eating fried food as they can cause break-outs and acne.
1. Exfoliating in Monsoon is a must!
Exfoliation removes dead skin and helps in the growth of new skin cells and gives you glowing skin. Some of the best exfoliators are coffee, sugar, tea bag, oatmeal, baking soda, Make sure you exfoliate with these mildly abrasive ingredients.
2. Cleansing in Monsoon, another step!
Once you exfoliate properly, clean the open pores and leave your skin to breathe. You can use coconut oil, aloe vera, tea tree oil, honey and lemon, apple cider vinegar, and rose water.
3. Toning in Monsoon! Do not miss this step!
Tone your skin to remove the unwanted dirt from your skin. Chemicalized toners may not be useful compared to natural ingredients like rose water, lemon juice, green tea, milk, cucumber water, and chamomile tea for toning your skin.
4. Moisturising in Monsoon! The final step towards the glowing skin!
The last step includes moisturizing as it is essential to keep your skin hydrated, soft, and moisturized. Some natural moisturizers, such as organic coconut oil, cucumber, glycerine, hemp seed oil, and olive oil, won’t leave your skin oily.
5. Home remedies for your skin you can try in this monsoon!
Mix Multani mitti with rose water to make a smooth paste and add a little camphor. Keep this paste in the refrigerator in an air-tight box and use a small portion of this mixture on the face twice or thrice a day.
Make a thick paste with Multani mitti, clove oil, sandalwood powder, and rose water and apply it on your pimples. Let it dry completely and rinse. Use it daily before going to bed.
Mix besan, rose water, and turmeric, and lemon make a thick paste. Apply this pack on your face and rinse after 20-15 minutes. This will give a natural glow on your face.
Make your skin healthy in this monsoon season!