Wanna like to know your ticket to faster fitness, here is an equipment that can be readily used in the gym or at home and will help you to deliver power, endurance, sturdy muscles and strength. Don’t seek anything else just look for kettlebells, because a kettlebell workout combines the health benefits of strength training along with ways to incorporate aerobic and flexibility workouts.
Just like dumbbells, the kettlebell helps to work out multiple muscle groups of your body. Kettlebell comes in different weights and is great to build strength and mobility. It provides you with full-body training for weight loss. Kettlebell workout indulges more muscle resulting in calorie burn and muscles build up with impressive alacrity.
Why to Choose Kettlebell Workout
Working out with kettlebells will improve your flexibility and will nurture your aerobic skills. Similar to dumbbells, kettlebell workout will offer an overall exercise to your body, thus making you adaptable to your strength and fitness levels.
Beneficial in Cardio – Cardio is the most essential exercise which should be in your workout routine in order to burn calories. According to studies, it has been stated that a 20-minute kettlebell workout will help you to burn 13.6 calories in a minute. This seems great for all of your weight loss desires.
Makes you Agile – Kettlebell workout contains dynamic movements and performing all of those will make you agile to move athletically with additional resistance. The more agile you will be the better the chances of lesser injuries during any physical activity.
Strengthens Muscles and Fixes Imbalances – During kettlebell workout, your limbs trains equally without any hindrance. It offers a beneficial effect on your body balance and reduces any imbalances. Swinging the kettlebell exerts excellent power and strength and provides an overall strengthening of your lower body as well as shoulders and back.
Top 5 Kettlebell Workouts
1.) Kettlebell Swing
This kettlebell workout swings almost everything in your body. With full-body movement, this exercise offers an effective cardio session for weight loss. It also enhances flexibility and generates athletic ability in you.
Steps to Do
- At first stand with feet set wider than shoulder-width and bend your knees.
- Now grab your kettlebell with both of your hands.
- Now bend your hips, keep your back flat swinging the kettlebell weight up to shoulder height.
- Return to the beginning position and repeat the entire step without losing momentum.
2.) Kettlebell Thrusters
This kettlebell workout offers a thrust in your body as it helps to boost your metabolism and increases your muscular endurance and strength. Doing this workout will improve muscular coordination, efficiency in movement and flexibility.
Steps to Do
- At first, hold the kettlebells with both of your hands making the weight resting on the back of your shoulders.
- Now slightly bend your knees and squat down, keeping your legs in line with your shoulders.
- Drive through your legs and straighten them, extending your arms as you raise the kettlebells above your head.
- Bring back to the initial position and repeat.
3.) Kettlebell deadlift
This workout is the best-in-class exercises for the strengthening of glutes, hamstrings, quadriceps, and muscles for your lower as well as upper body. Kettlebell deadlift is referred to as posterior chain exercise as it mostly works on muscles of the backline.
Steps to Do
- First, start holding kettlebell on the floor in front of you.
- Now stand with feet slightly wider than shoulder-width apart.
- After this squat down and pick up the kettlebell, then stand up and drive through your heels. Make sure to keep your chest up and your back should be straight.
- At last, squeeze your butt at the top and return all the way back to the ground until the kettlebell lands at your feet.
4.) Kettlebell Shoulder Press
Kettlebell shoulder press transforms your upper body and makes you strong for doing the daily task. Some of the muscles which are used in this workout are Deltoid Muscles, Tricep Muscles, Latissimus Dorsi Muscles, Trapezius Muscles.
Steps to Do
- At first stand with your feet shoulder-width apart while holding kettlebell at shoulder height.
- Now press one of the weights above your head until your arm is fully extended.
- Lower down and repeat the same step with the other arm.
5.) Kettlebell Pushups
This kettlebell workout provides extensive power to the upper body. Performing push-ups with kettlebells allows improving your aerobic fitness thus reducing the chance of many health hazard conditions such as obesity, heart disease, high blood pressure, type 2 diabetes, metabolic syndrome, stroke and certain types of cancer.
Steps to Do
- First, get into a plank position with your arms shoulder-width apart and your toes on the floor.
- Now place two kettlebells on the floor, and make sure that you don’t slide.
- Get into the push-up position by going down to the maximum range as per your caliber without losing your strong plank position.
- Raise yourself up and return to the initial position as you would during a regular push up.
The information contained in this article is for educational and informational purposes only and is not intended as a health advice. We would ask you to consult a qualified professional or medical expert to gain additional knowledge before you choose to consume any product or perform any exercise.