Losing weight has been the most prominent task; one should do to lead a healthy life. Apart from stringent exercises, having a cup of green tea will certainly help you to shed extra fat from your belly. Being used as traditional Chinese medicine, green tea has proven the best beverage for weight loss.
How Green Tea helps to weight loss
For weight loss, green tea proves to be a miracle as it contains antioxidants and nutrients to provide you with overall health benefits. Green tea consists of a high concentration of vitamins and minerals, which allows enhancing metabolism, resulting in fat burn. The power pack beverage comes with antioxidants that help to combat cell-damaging, which primarily occurs due to free radicals in the body. The antioxidants in green tea contain vitamin E, vitamin C and beta-carotene which help to protect the body and keep it away from any health deterioration.
Benefits of Green Tea for Weight Loss
Are you thinking to shed extra flab from your body? No need to worry, as a cup of green tea will wave off all worries for your weight loss. Let’s look at some of the benefits that green tea has for your weight loss regime.
- Green tea consists of caffeine which acts as a stimulant for fat burning.
- It has numerous ranges of antioxidants that allow combating free radicals in our body. This result boost metabolism, which eventually makes green tea a key element for weight loss.
- Having fewer calories makes this beverage the best suitable drink to have for weight loss. Consuming green for weight loss escalates metabolic rate, increases fat oxidation and also improves insulin activity in the body.
- Green tea is made from Camellia Sinensis, a plant abundant in antioxidants, caffeine, and amino acids. The availability of amino acids helps to reduce stress by providing relaxation and calming effect on our brain.
- Reduces cholesterol– Increase in cholesterol level is a major concern for heart disease. Having green tea gives you an added advantage to reduce cholesterol levels in your body, thus leading a healthy lifestyle.
- Manages Type 2 Diabetes – Increase in blood sugar levels in the body is the major concern of diabetes and weight gain. Consumption of green tea also offers an added advantage to maintain optimum sugar levels in the body. The antioxidants in green tea limit the total amount of carbs absorbed by your body after a meal, which simultaneously improves sugar metabolism.
- Recovery after Post Workout – You must have experienced tiredness and soreness after your every workout regime. Such kind of soreness can keep you away from doing your regular exercise and following your gym schedule. To overcome that, it has been observed that consuming three cups of green tea for a week on a daily basis will have fewer marks of the cell damage caused by resistance used in an exercise.
How much Green Tea to be consumed for weight loss
Having two and three cups of green tea in a day will certainly keep your excessive weight away. It is to be noted that during the preparation of the green tea you must not add any sweetening agent such as sugar, honey, milk or cream. Adding such ingredients will alter its effects, and thus your green tea will no more be a weight loss agent anymore. Adding sugar, honey, milk or cream to your green tea will elevate the calories levels thus making it unfit to drink. It is advisable to have plain green tea for weight loss, as it offers a perfect addition to your weight loss plan.
Best time to have Green Tea for Weight Loss
Green Tea for weight loss in the Morning – Having green tea is the most organic way to lose weight. However, it has some specific timing, where it does miracles once consumed. Kick start your day especially in the morning with a cup of green tea. It is good to have green tea for weight loss in the morning because at that moment our metabolism remain at the highest level and thence it can be boosted with a nice hot cup of green tea.
Green Tea for weight loss during the evening- It is observed that during the evening our metabolism tends to dip due to the day’s workload. In such a situation it is advisable to have green tea during the evening, to boost our dipping metabolism.
After Exercise – Apart from weight loss, green tea helps to recover muscles pain and strain that we have after every exercise. In such a condition having green tea post-workout will reduce muscle damage caused by exercise.
On the verge of our busy lifestyle, consumption of green tea for weight loss is the key element; one can have to reduce weight. As discussed above green tea has proven numerous benefits and fits for everyone and for all ages. This healthy beverage offers an array of benefits to keep us fit and light at all times. Besides having soft drinks as a refreshing drink in our daily drinking habits, we should start infusing green tea into our daily and regular drinking diet. There are wide ranges of green tea varieties that are widely available in the market. Well, it is to be noted that we should choose the right kind of green tea which is herb-based and free from any sought of artificial agents and adulteration. As far as health is a concern, it is good to have foods and drinks that boost our health instead of hampering it for future concern.
The information contained in this article is for educational and informational purposes only and is not intended as a health advice. We would ask you to consult a qualified professional or medical expert to gain additional knowledge before you choose to consume any product or perform any exercise.