All the types of equipment kept in a gym are made up of iron. But have you ever exercised with ropes? If you want to do full-body fat bursting workout then leave the heavyweight and pick battle ropes.
Do you know what are battle ropes? Here’s a complete guide on What Are Battle Ropes.
Battle ropes are used to increase the full-body training and conditioning exercises. You can use them to improve force production.
Also, Battle ropes are used in multiplanar strength, scapular rotational and stabilizing health. And if you can control your breath and keep the intensity low, battle ropes can also be used as a decompression tool to help the body relax.
Now you must be wondering on Which Muscles Do Battle Ropes Work Upon?
Battle ropes work upon your upper body muscles. It strengthens your biceps, triceps, shoulders, and lats. Also, it is useful in creating balance and stability in your body.
If you customize the intensity the way you used to build your muscles with dumbbells and use battle ropes properly they can help in building muscles.
Let’s move on to the Benefits of Battle Ropes
- They help in bursting fat and toning your body.
- They help in sculpting your muscles.
- They increase mobility in your body and makes your body more balanced and stabilized.
- They have very low chances of the risk of injuries.
- It is fun to use and breaks your boredom.
So battle ropes are something you should try once in conditioning, and strengthening your body.
Here are Top 5 Exercises You Can Do With Battle Ropes
1. Full circle wave
- Stand straight
- Hold the two ends of the ropes tightly.
- Now move them by making clockwise first followed by anticlockwise circles in front of your body.
- Do 12 reps of both clockwise and anticlockwise.
2. Two-point wave
- Start in the plank position.
- Keep your body straight.
- Hold the rope in your right hand lift your left leg straight.
- Wave your right leg up and down.
- Do 5 reps with each hand.
3. Slide plank wave
- Start in a side plank and your upper body supported on your right forearm.
- Keep your legs straight.
- Hold the rope in your left hand and wave it up and down.
- Repeat it 5 times with each side.
4. Double arm wave with a burpee
- Start with a squat position.
- Quickly do 3 double arm waves.
- Drop the ropes and jump in the push-up position.
- Complete one push up and jump back.
5. Power slam
- Start with the squat position.
- Grip the ropes with palms.
- The ropes should be facing inward.
- Then bring them up overhead before slamming the ropes to the floor in one powerful motion.
- Keep your chest upright.
So now you must be knowing how to use battle ropes, its benefits, and exercises.
Plan your workout accordingly. And try to add battle rope exercises on every alternative day to get effective results.
You can also buy battle ropes and use them at your home for your workout if you don’t want to go to the gym.
Stay fit and strengthened!