Fitness & Wellness Summit have announced a number of incredible speakers for the industry’s largest conference as planning is underway for July 2022. The new conference, aimed at growing standards of excellence, creating collaboration and connection, and providing a platform for debate and discussion within the fitness and wellness industry, has been officially launched. The Summit will take place at the Aviva Stadium, Dublin on Saturday July 16, and Sunday July 17, 2022.
With over 40 international and national speakers already confirmed the Fitness & Wellness Summit will no doubt be the largest industry event of the year. The powerful two-day conference will spark discussions around the latest trends, future opportunities and current learnings that are helping to shape the growing fitness and wellness landscape.
Speaking at the launch of the event, Alan Leach, CEO of West Wood Clubs and Chair of IHRSA, The Global Health and Fitness Association said “For 20 years I’ve spoken at fitness business conferences all over the world. The Fitness and Wellness Summit is different. The fitness management education, the sales and marketing expertise, the conference format, the Aviva Stadium location, and the calibre of the fitness industry speakers makes this a world-class event for anybody in the fitness or wellness industry. If you own a fitness business, manage a fitness club, or work in a gym or fitness studio you need to attend this event, the knowledge you’ll get will be worth fifty times the ticket price.”
Leading Irish and international speakers
The schedule will feature educational and motivational content from renowned industry leaders across three separate tracks. Practical advice for business owners, the latest developments in injury prevention, the latest trends in the growing wellness market make up just some of the topics which will be covered at the event.
TV and radio broadcaster and founder of Pure Results wellness community Kathryn Thomas will MC the main stage. Headline speakers confirmed include:
- Karl Dunne, CEO of Ireland Active;
- Alan Leach, CEO of West Wood Clubs and Chair of The Global Health and Fitness Association, IHRSA;
- Daniel Lieberman, a paleoanthropologist at Harvard University, where he is the Edwin M Lerner II Professor of Biological Sciences, and Professor in the Department of Human Evolutionary Biology. Lieberman is also bestselling author of “Exercised, the Science of Physical Activity, Rest and Health” and ‘The Story of the Human Body: Evolution, Health and Disease’, among other titles;
- Sat Bir Singh Khalsa, Ph.D. Associate Professor of Medicine at Harvard University, the Director of Yoga Research for the Yoga Alliance and a researcher in the field of body mind medicine, specialising in yoga therapy;
- Dr. Ruairi Robertson, a scientist studying the human gut microbiome and how microbes influence the human body. His TEDx Talk ‘Food for thought’ has over 4.5 million views;
- Dr. Emilia Thompson, Thompson co-wrote and delivered the Optimum Nutrition, Nutrition for Health and Performance course. Emilia has contributed to commercially available magazines, such as Women’s Health UK, Gym Owner Monthly and Health and Wellbeing Magazine, and has authored peer-reviewed scientific publications;
- Pat Henry, yoga therapist and fitness consultant to the stars including Helen Mirren, Michael Flatley and Bruce Springsteen;
- Dr. Michelle Hone, Founder and CEO of The Fit Clinic;
- Catherine Carty, UNESCO Chair Project Manager
- Karl Henry, Ireland’s leading personal trainer and fitness expert, Radio and TV broadcaster, Columnist and Author
- Dr. Philip Crowley, National Director of Strategy & Research at the HSE;
Also speaking at the launch was Co-Founder of Fitness and Wellness Summit Laura Kinsella who said: “The fitness and wellness industry is worth over €300 million in Ireland annually, and it’s an area that’s continuing to grow. However, there is little by the way of corporate events which shares the latest trends in the industry for professionals, as well as allowing for networking. The Fitness and Wellness Summit will be the first event of its kind in Ireland, and will help industry professionals understand the latest trends, policy and innovations which will go towards improving the standards of delivery across the sector.”
Fitness & Wellness Summit is set to be the highlight of the fitness industry calendar with topics ranging from Business Industry Trends, Business Development, Exercise Physiology, Nutrition, and Wellness. Co-Founder Hayley Hester said: “The fitness and wellness industry is a fast-paced sector, and as a fitness business owner myself, it can be difficult to keep up with the latest trends and innovations, as well as manage and grow your own business. Fitness and Wellness Summit won’t just provide a valuable networking opportunity for industry professionals, it will also share insights into best international practice, which will help to improve the standard of service delivery in Ireland for consumers.”
Fitness and Wellness Summit is supported by leading professional and public sector partners including Active Ireland, REPs Ireland (Register of Exercise Professionals), the HSE, Irish Society of Chartered Physiotherapists (ISCP), Dublin City Council, Athletic Rehabilitation Therapy Ireland (ARTI) and Yoga Therapy Ireland. Tickets are now available for €320 for two days or €180 per day with group discounts available. Tickets guarantee access to all three tracks of speaker presentations as well delegate goodie bags and networking opportunities through the dedicated event app.
The information contained in this article is for educational and informational purposes only and is not intended as a health advice. We would ask you to consult a qualified professional or medical expert to gain additional knowledge before you choose to consume any product or perform any exercise.