As the thought of weight loss comes to any random guy on this planet, he or she starts fidgeting with phone and surf on the internet to chalk out a plan that could do job. The first thing that gets listed on the web is INTERMITTENT FASTING ( IF) and we generally starts following any sort of plan that seems handy to us, but in many cases the plan doesn’t work for majority chunk of population. It is not because there is something wrong with the plan you are following, rather there are some irregularities invading into your regime. Most of the dietician and experts say that IF is not just a plan but a lifestyle which should be followed to tune down your body.
Several researches have shown that intermittent fasting not only aids your weight loss goals, but also reduces your risk of different health conditions, which is absolutely fantastic! However, following an IF diet is not as simple as it seems. There are many ways it can backfire, which is why you must pay attention to the many mistakes you can make while following such a diet.
WHAT DOES IT MEAN BY INTERMITTENT FASTING?
Intermittent fasting is just a plan of weight loss in which we just cycle our lifestyle into when to fast, when to eat and in what amount along with taking care of the required amount of nutrients our body needs.
There are different patterns of intermittent fasting, which people have devised in recent years according to their needs.
- THE 16:8 METHOD involving ‘no food’ for 16 hours of a day and eating cycle is for 8 hours.
- THE EAT-STOP-EAT METHOD in which a person has to fast for 24 hours a day, done once or twice in a week.
- THE 5:2 PLAN in this plan a person has to ingest only500-600 calories on two non consecutive days of the week and for rest of the days the diet plan remains the same.
But some times these popular plans do not work because of some fallacies you come across unintentionally, here is the six major habits researchers have found that are taking roots in making your plans futile.
- YOUR ARE NOT GOING SLOW – It is one of the common and major mistake people commit where people just jump directly into some sort of diet plan in spite of taking the process slow and steady. So start slow and with smaller windows of fasting to acclimatize your body with the changed pattern of yiur diet.
- MAYBE THE PLAN IS NOT BEST FIT FOR YOU – Maybe the plan you have chosen is not best suited to your bodily needs, given everybody in this world is having a unique set of habits. So, before switching onto any plan do consult your dietician that could understand the body type and iron out a plan for you.
- YOU ARE EATING TOO MUCH IN YOUR EATING WINDOW – Every one has to check the amount they eat in eating window, just for the sake that you have been fasting for 16 hours that doesn’t give you a license to go for limitless in eating window.
- YOUR DIET IS NOT FULL OF REQUIRED NUTRIENTS – The fallacy IF often comes with is the unknowingness of the WHAT to eat in the window, it bestows for us. This makes the intermittent fasting futile, person fragile and purpose goes undefeated.
- YOU SKIP MEALS WHEN YOU SHOULD BE EATING – Sometimes to extract extra benefit from the intermittent fasting we go that extra mile by skipping the meal even in the eating window that poses multiple bogus effect on your body causing gastric issues , ultimately making stomach upset.
- YOUR BODY LACKS WATER – Often people while fasting forget drinking water and other liquids which is the major part of this pattern of diet. This myth of leaving water and keeping your body dehydrated poses deleterious effcts on your body.
One should keep all these habits in mind to achieve the goal of toning them down and be the shape they desire.
The information contained in this article is for educational and informational purposes only and is not intended as a health advice. We would ask you to consult a qualified professional or medical expert to gain additional knowledge before you choose to consume any product or perform any exercise.