Giving a boost to sustainable sporting eco system in India, Global Sports Show 2018 is back with its third edition
The Times of India – Global Sports Show (GSS) 2018, one of the largest sporting events in India, is back with its third edition and will take place in December 2018 in Mumbai. Themed ‘Enhancing India’s Sports Ecosystem’, the show caters to a B2B, B2G as well as B2C segment and will bring together top brands, corporates, associations, federations, policy makers, sports management companies and leading stakeholders who are a part of the sports value chain, under one roof, to help India realize the dream of becoming a truly international sports nation with world class infrastructure.
The comprehensive event comprises of exhibitor area, focused conferences, workshops and a live action zone for sports enthusiasts to participate in sporting activities. As special features to GSS 2018, there will also be a dedicated Sports Start Up, Tech & Innovation Zone, Focused Hosted Buyer Meets and a Felicitation Ceremony to acknowledge the top contributors from the Sports Fraternity.
A congregation of top-tier speakers and advisories are expected to grace the occasion, including Prof. Boria Majumdar, Sports Journalist & Author, Abhinav Bindra, Former Indian Olympic Shooter, Rohan Bopanna, Indian Tennis Player, Niraj Bajaj, Promoter Director – Bajaj Group & Chairman & Managing Director of Mukand Limited, Shrinivas Dempo, Chairman & Managing Director, Dempo Group, Mohit Burman, Board of Director, Dabur, Dato’ Windsor John, General Secretary, Asian Football Confederation, Peer Niclas Naubert, Head of Global Marketing, Digital & Communications, Bundesliga International, Nicolas Evans, Group Leader Football Quality Programme, FIFA, and Andreas Kufner, Head of International Brand Management, FC Bayern to name a few. High profiled International Delegations representing sports and the business of sports from Argentina, Spain, Sri Lanka besides other countries are expected at the GSS.
GSS 2018 aims to aid the government’s vision to create a sustainable sporting eco system in India through infrastructure development, attracting investments in the sports sector and projecting India as an international sports centre.
The sports sector in India has witnessed a number of recent developments, which have contributed to its significant growth. The global sports market, comprising of infrastructure, events, training and manufacturing and retail of sports goods is estimated at INR37.8–44.2 lakh crore (USD600–700 billion), accounting for approximately 1 per cent of the global GDP.
India’s performance at key international sports events, the 2016 Rio Olympics and the Commonwealth Games 2018 have further boosted the interest of the corporates as well as enthusiasts towards sports and sports personalities other than Cricket. Further establishment of new leagues, in football, hockey and less established sports such as kabaddi are changing the face of sports. Players are getting a global stage to showcase their talent and viewers are getting the opportunity to get more involved in their favourite sports.
On the announcement of GSS 2018, Mr. Deepak Lamba, President, Times Strategic Solutions Limited said “There was a need for a dedicated all-encompassing event for Sports to catalyse the Khelo India movement of the government and to make India a global sports destination. Global Business Sports Show has, over the past two years, bridged that gap and has successfully drawn together leading sports figures, marketers and entrepreneurs to exchange ideas and network in an unprecedented environment and given a boost in the efforts. With GSS we aim to lay the foundation for cross industry collaboration with the sports industry in an aim to reach global standards.”
- Parth Jindal, Managing Director, JSW Cement
- Boria Majumdar, Renowned Sports Journalist, Author and Professor
- Abhinav Bindra, Former Indian Olympic Shooter
- Shashi Prabhu, Founder & Sr. Partner, Shashi Prabhu & Associates
- Dushyant Chautala, President, Table Tennis Federation of India
- Om Pathak, Member – Olympic Task Force, Founder & Chairman – School Sports Promotion Foundation, Founder & Chairman – Delhi Public School Ghaziabad Society
- Rajesh Kalra, Chief Editor, Times Internet and Member of Olympic Task Force
- Rohan Bopanna, Indian Tennis Player
- Narendra Sopal, Working President, School Games Federation of India
- Vita Dani, Chairperson, 11Even Sports, Promotor, ELMS Foundation, Co-owner, Chennaiyin F. C. Abhinav Bindra, Former Indian Olympic Shooter and Founder, Abhinav Bindra Targeting Performance
- Niraj Bajaj, Promoter Director – Bajaj Group, Board of Director – Bajaj Auto Ltd, Bajaj Allianz Life and General Insurance, Chairman of Jamnalal Sons and Bachhraj & Company, Chairman & Managing Director of Mukand Limited
- Santosh Nair, President & Chief Business Officer, DHFL
- Giriraj Mall, Director, Mallcom
- Deepthi Bopaiah, Executive Director, GoSports Foundation
- Kaustubh Sonalkar, President HR, Essar Group and Chief Executive Officer, Essar Foundation
- Jose Antonio Cachaza, La Liga, Country Manager, India
- Jayen Mehta, Senior General Manager, Planning & Marketing, Amul
- Tuhin Mishra, Managing Director & Cofounder, Baseline Venture
- Supartik Sen, CEO, Unilazer Sports, Co – Founder, U Sports| Global Sports Marketing Forum
- Ranjit Shahani, Former Vice Chairman & Managing Director, Novartis India Ltd. , Vice Chairman & President, Swizz – India Chambers of Commerce
- Akshat Rathee, Managing Director, Nodwin Gaming
- Rahul Sarangi, Co-Founder & Director, Greymatter Entertainment
- Rishi Narain, Managing Director, RN Sports Marketing, Former professional golfer and Asian Games gold medallist
- Aneesh, GM, Ten Cent
- Srinvvasan Gopalkrishnan, Group Head Marketing and Strategy, Reliance
- Anand Datla, Head Impact, Tata Trusts
- Shrinivas Dempo, Chairman & Managing Director, Dempo Group
- Mohit Burman, Board of Director, Dabur
- Albert Almeida, COO, Non-Movies, BookMyShow
- Vinit Karnik, Business Head – Entertainment, Sports & Live Events, Group M
- Harish Jain, Co-Founder & CEO, Dream 11
- Rajesh Kaul, Chief Revenue Officer – Distribution and Head – Sports, Sony Entertainment
- Indranil Das Blah, Founding Partner KWAN and CEO Mumbai City FC
- Rajeev Khanna, Vice President, Rajasthan Royals
- Mukul Choudhari , CEO, Jamshedpur FC
- Prashant Prabhakar, Co-Founder & CEO, SoStronk
- Heath Matthews, Head of Sports Science and Medicine, Sir H. N. Reliance Foundation Hospital & Research Institute
- Ashish Chadha, Chief Executive Officer, Sporty Solutionz
- Rajan Navani, Vice Chairman & Managing Director, JetSynthesys
- Rishi Joshi, Founder, Sports For All
- Andreas Kufner, Head of International Brand Management, FC Bayern
- Dato’ Windsor John, General Secretary, Asian Football Confederation
- Colin Gibson, Director – Communications, Asian Football Confederation
- Peer Niclas Naubert, Head of Global Marketing, Digital & Communications, Bundesliga International
- Dr. Dr. Matthias Lochmanns, Chair of Sport Biology and Movement Medicine, Department Sports Science and Sport- Germany
- Julien Denis, CEO, Exerlights
- Nicolas Evans, Group Leader Football Quality Programme, FIFA
- Ashish Shah, Chief Executive Officer, Delhi Dynamos FC
GSS 2018 is a platform for the exchange of ideas, concepts, case studies and reflections that address sports industry local needs and global issues. The event aims at educating about the development of new skills of sports industry professionals and those who are eager to associate with sports and establishing specific insights into the role of sports in today’s business world.