One of the major sporting events in India, The Times of India spearheaded Global Sports Show 2018 is coming back with its third edition which will start in Mumbai from 13th to 15th December. Coming with a theme of ‘Enhancing India’s Sports Eco-system’, the show caters to a huge section of B2B, B2G as well as B2C segment which will bring together top brands, corporates, associations, federation, policy makers, sports management companies and leading stakeholders who are a part of the sports value chain, under one roof, to help India realize the dream of becoming a truly international sports nation with world class infrastructure.
The comprehensive event comprises of exhibitor area, focused conferences, workshops and a live action zone for sports enthusiasts to participate in sporting activities. As special features to GSS 2018, there will also be a dedicated Sports Start Up, Tech & Innovation Zone, Focused Hosted Buyer Meets and a Charity Dinner which will be inclusive of a Felicitation Ceremony to acknowledge the top contributors to Sports in India.
A congregation of top-tier speakers and advisories are expected to grace the occasion, including Prof. Boria Majumdar, Sports Journalist & Author, Abhinav Bindra, Former Indian Olympic Shooter, Rohan Bopanna, Indian Tennis Player, Niraj Bajaj, Promoter Director – Bajaj Group & Chairman & Managing Director of Mukand Limited, Shrinivas Dempo, Chairman & Managing Director, Dempo Group, Mohit Burman, Board of Director, Dabur, Dato’ Windsor John, General Secretary, Asian Football Confederation, Peer Niclas Naubert, Head of Global Marketing, Digital & Communications, Bundesliga International, Nicolas Evans, Group Leader Football Quality Programme, FIFA, and Andreas Kufner, Head of International Brand Management, FC Bayern to name a few.
GSS 2018 aims to aid the government’s vision to create a sustainable sporting eco system in India through infrastructure development, attracting investments in the sports sector and projecting India as an international sports centre.
The sports sector in India has witnessed a number of recent developments, which have contributed to its significant growth. The global sports market, comprising of infrastructure, events, training and manufacturing and retail of sports goods is estimated at INR37.8–44.2 lakh crore (USD600–700 billion), accounting for approximately 1 per cent of the global GDP.
India’s performance at key international sports events, the 2016 Rio Olympics and the Commonwealth Games 2018 have further boosted the interest of the corporates as well as enthusiasts towards sports and sports personalities other than Cricket. Further establishment of new leagues, in football, hockey and less established sports such as kabaddi are changing the face of sports. Players are getting a global stage to showcase their talent and viewers are getting the opportunity to get more involved in their favourite sports.
On the announcement of GSS 2018, Mr. Deepak Lamba, President, Times Strategic Solutions Limited said “There was a need for a dedicated all-encompassing event for Sports to catalyse the Khelo India movement of the government and to make India a global sports destination. Global Business Sports Show has, over the past two years, bridged that gap and has successfully drawn together leading sports figures, marketers and entrepreneurs to exchange ideas and network in an unprecedented environment and given a boost in the efforts. With GSS we aim to lay the foundation for cross industry collaboration with the sports industry in an aim to reach global standards.”
1. Parth Jindal, Managing Director, JSW Cement
2. Boria Majumdar, Renowned Sports Journalist, Author and Professor
3. Shashi Prabhu, Founder & Sr. Partner, Shashi Prabhu & Associates
4. Dushyant Chautala, President, Table Tennis Federation of India
5. Om Pathak, Member – Olympic Task Force, Founder & Chairman – School Sports Promotion Foundation, Founder & Chairman – Delhi Public School Ghaziabad Society
6. Rajesh Kalra, Chief Editor, Times Internet and Member of Olympic Task Force
7. Rohan Bopanna, Indian Tennis Player
8. Narendra Sopal, Working President, School Games Federation of India
9. Vita Dani, Chairperson, 11Even Sports, Promotor, ELMS Foundation, Co-owner, Chennaiyin F. C. Abhinav Bindra, Former Indian Olympic Shooter and Founder, Abhinav Bindra Targeting Performance
1. Niraj Bajaj, Promoter Director – Bajaj Group, Board of Director – Bajaj Auto Ltd, Bajaj Allianz Life and General Insurance, Chairman of Jamnalal Sons and Bachhraj & Company, Chairman & Managing Director of Mukand Limited
2. Santosh Nair, President & Chief Business Officer, DHFL
3. Giriraj Mall, Director, Mallcom
4. Deepthi Bopaiah, Executive Director, GoSports Foundation
5. Kaustubh Sonalkar, President HR, Essar Group and Chief Executive Officer, Essar Foundation
6. Jose Antonio Cachaza, La Liga, Country Manager, India
7. Jayen Mehta, Managing Director, Amul Dairy
8. Tuhin Mishra, Managing Director & Cofounder, Baseline Venture
9. Supartik Sen, CEO, Unilazer Sports, Co – Founder, U Sports| Global Sports Marketing Forum
10. Ranjit Shahani, Former Vice Chairman & Managing Director, Novartis India Ltd. , Vice Chairman & President, Swizz – India Chambers of Commerce
11. Akshat Rathee, Managing Director, Nodwin Gaming
The information contained in this article is for educational and informational purposes only and is not intended as a health advice. We would ask you to consult a qualified professional or medical expert to gain additional knowledge before you choose to consume any product or perform any exercise.